Thread: Isla Blanca and Mujeres, Mexico

Default Isla Blanca and Mujeres, Mexico

Isla Blanca and Mujeres, Mexico
    http://youtu.be/QzOIJ2gotdU

Here's an update I posted to use the Adobe Premiere Pro Warp Stabilizer on scenes where my flying or solo camera work wasn't perfectly straight: buttery smooth now: (left the original up so you can see the Warp Stabilizer at work if you want to compare)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FK64DLxeA

For anyone who wants to see the effect of the Warp stabilizer and compare scenes from the original video above the one with Warp applied, here are some of the stuff it fixed:

1:14 to 1:19 was pretty ugly before and was smoothed out significantly (manual POI type shot)

1:34 - 1:38 (fast 60mph ATTI mode run to shore) had a very visible flight correction in it Warp fixed (I wanted the shot but that flaw sucked)

1:51 - 1:55 (look down a rocks with surf) is one of the best shots of the video but it was marred by uneven camera work . Warp smoothed that out nicely

2:16 - 2:20 (visitor center fly up) probably the most visible effect of Warp was smoothing of an unfortunate flight correction in the middle of the shot. Warped it out!

2:57 - 3:01 (closing magical cliff shot) damn flight correction again jerked the frame. Warp. Gone.

Blog Entries

Very good Damon. I'm sure you won't take offence if I suggest you might be too much of a perfectionist - indeed I imagine you'd take it as a compliment. I suspect most viewers wouldn't have noticed those imperfections if they hadn't been highlighted - probably because as they are not editing it, they are not seeing them repeatedly. I admire your tenacity.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Very good Damon. I'm sure you won't take offence if I suggest you might be too much of a perfectionist - indeed I imagine you'd take it as a compliment. I suspect most viewers wouldn't have noticed those imperfections if they hadn't been highlighted - probably because as they are not editing it, they are not seeing them repeatedly. I admire your tenacity.
    No offense taken at all. On the big screen format though (4k at wall-sized) flight corrections are very noticeable and not only distracting but disorienting and uncomfortable to watch.

The shots are very difficult to get and redo (travel, permission, time) so a little magic like the Warp Stabilizer is just what the Dr ordered. Nice tool in the tool kit anyway.

Very nice.