Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this transition called

Default What is this transition called

It is just before the 28 second mark in this video - it's like digital distortion but is a transition

....glitch
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

It's a very simple transition to achieve. I've just downloaded that video to check.
    You're transitioning from A to B
    At the point of the transition, cut to B for one frame only, then cut back to A for one frame only, then cut to B for the rest of B.
    Tim

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It's a very simple transition to achieve. I've just downloaded that video to check.
    You're transitioning from A to B
    At the point of the transition, cut to B for one frame only, then cut back to A for one frame only, then cut to B for the rest of B.
    thanks man - I'll give it a whirl - but I'll have to find the "bzzzzzt" sound effect that goes with it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vittorio Capellini View Post
    thanks man - I'll give it a whirl - but I'll have to find the "bzzzzzt" sound effect that goes with it
    The zamiotana response to that would be - you already have a recording device in your pocket. Just point it at your speakers and hit record. Alternatively, point it at your mouth, hit record and sa "bzzzzzt".
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    The zamiotana response to that would be - you already have a recording device in your pocket. Just point it at your speakers and hit record. Alternatively, point it at your mouth, hit record and sa "bzzzzzt".
    OK! - I gave your idea a try -- there is no sound except the transition zap at 0:16

https://youtu.be/trUZCHbeVl8

I couldn't do this in iMovie for IOS because you can't work at the frame level, so I did this in GoPro Cineform Studio
    Last edited by zamiotana; 11-17-2015 at 08:02 PM.

7. Default

Ok Tim's idea worked swimmingly, but now I'm wondering if I could just make a short clip and use it as the transition, rather than switching frames around from the actual footage - why not switch around a couple of random frames from any old video, export this as a short clip, then insert the clip anywhere I want the transition - I just might try that

I think it's more about getting the right sound than anything else.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think it's more about getting the right sound than anything else.
    i think I figured it out - my videos always come out so clean and you guys always make these cool videos with digital distortion, glitch transitions and what not - instead of trying to add this stuff in after the fact, why I just buy Vegas and get all those wacky effects as part of the normal workflow

In Vegas you can take a template transition, alter it to how you want it and then save it for future enjoyment. I'm sure imove will let you do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast