Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transcoding Error

Default Transcoding Error

Hi, I'm a new user of Adobe Premiere Elements 14.

I've just completed a project made with AVCHD footage. it runs perfectly from the timeline and I can produce a fully working MP4 file.

However, when I try to produce and ISO image or burn a DVD disc I get an immediate Transcode Error. I've even tried a very simple project just made up of 12 clips and still get the same Transcode Error.

I attach my settings including spec of the clips I'm using.

Any help would be appreciated as I've run out of ideas.

~
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by baxwalker; 10-22-2015 at 06:17 PM.

Blog Entries

From memory fof a much earlier version of Premiere Elements that I installed at schools, you need to licence the MPEG2 codec required for encoding in, um, MPEG2. This is just a case of registering it somewhere (the cost is included in PE). I can't remember where to find that option, but I'm sure you'll find it.

[Edit] Hmmm. May not be the case with later versions. Here's one for version 3...

https://forums.adobe.com/message/2182732
    Last edited by TimStannard; 10-22-2015 at 08:01 PM.
    Tim

Thanks Tim,

I can't find anything about licence in v14. When I watch the tutorials the process for producing an ISO image file is so straightforward. I've now tried a few more test projects and they all fail at the same point no matter what the footage is. As soon as I click on 'Burn' the Transcoding Error pops up and nothing happens. All I can do is cancel the operation. The only time I didn't get the Transcoding Error is when I selected the Blue Ray option and then it started making up a Blue Ray ISO file without problem. I don't want a Blue Ray disc - I just want standard DVDs that I can distribute.
    I'm beginning to think there might be a bug that crept in for v14.

4. Default

Yes that was always an issue - the world has moved beyond mpeg2 and DVDs and such but you'll need the codec if you want to do it

Blog Entries

baxwalker - It does sound like an mpeg2 issue, have you tried emailing Adobe Support?
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vittorio Capellini View Post
    Yes that was always an issue - the world has moved beyond mpeg2 and DVDs and such but you'll need the codec if you want to do it
    My world hasn't and neither has it on the Sony forum. Whilst we may all be shooting and editing in 4K (or at least HD) the vast majority of small clients (eg weddings etc) still demand DVDs. My friends and family want DVDs. I'm just entering a club film into a festival - it stipulates DVD or SD tapes only. Even those festivals that are a bit more 21st century seem to demand a DVD as a backup. My daughter has a copy of her wedding on DVD - why? - because her only means of playing BluRay - the XBox One - has such stupid DRM protection that it will not play back BluRay that doesn't have DRM! DVDs nowadays play on just about any DVD player.

BluRays never caught on as they should be cause those who want higher definition than DVD have better options now.

Don't write the format off so quickly.
    Tim

Thanks Tim - my requirements are exactly as you say - all the recipients of my projects require (old fashioned) DVDs. Every project I do will need an ISO file to be produced. That's why this problem is so important to me. Basically, I have paid for a program that doesn't carry out what I feel is a very basic function. It might be something I have wrong but I've tried every suggestion that's been offered and it's made no difference. However, I've been using Serif Movieplus X6 for some time and it produces ISO files and burn discs effortlessly on the same PC as Premiere is on. Unfortunately, I understand that Serif have withdrawn future support for Movieplus and I changed to Premier for the longer term.

This Transcoding Error appears on a number of threads and no one has come up with the answer.

I've sent a couple of emails to Adobe Support but no response yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baxwalker View Post
    Unfortunately, I understand that Serif have withdrawn future support for Movieplus and I changed to Premier for the longer term..
    Sorry to change the topic (or rather than follow up your tangent). Wghere di you hear that? I'm interested as I look after the IT at a school and they use Movie Plus for GCSE work for IT and Media and if it's dying I need to inform the powers that be.
    Tim

Tim, It was a post on the Serif Movieplus forum - here's the link.

https://community.serif.com/forum/mo...1#answer147276

Blog Entries

Thanks, baxwalker. Useful to get it from the horse's mouth.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast