Thread: Old Sony Camcorder, transfer to Smart TV

Default Old Sony Camcorder, transfer to Smart TV

Hi,new here, so hopefully I'm in the right place.When my father in law died we found a Sony-Handycam-Ccd-Fx200e 8 PAL and in it a tape the contents of which we've been able to see by connecting it to our Samsung Smart TV.
    Our problem is that whilst we've been able to see the video we can't hear it. The Camcorder comes with a lead which has a male black for audio and a yellow connector for video. We connected the male yellow video with a corresponding yellow female connector at the back of the TV, the Black male connector is in the female Pb slot next to it. I have tried putting the black one into an audio connector but the picture disappears.There is no scart on the Smart TV.
    So does anyone have any suggestions as to 10 how to get the audio and also how I can transfer these old tapes to digital and disc. We don't have a DVD Recorder anymore so I wondered about my laptop and if that can be used in any way.

Hopefully I've given enough info,if not I'll try my best to answer. Would really appreciate any help,thanks.

2. Default

There are a few video digitizing gadgets out there, Dazzle being one common brand of affordable consumer level products. Most of these things connect to your computer by USB.

Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    There are a few video digitizing gadgets out there, Dazzle being one common brand of affordable consumer level products. Most of these things connect to your computer by USB.
    Thanks, wonder if anyone knows anything about an adaptor for the TV?

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.]Hello, I was looking to do the same thing, I had about 50+ family home movies on video and camcorder tapes, DV etc. I found it became too time consuming, I found a company in Bristol [/COLOR]http://www.video-to-dvd.co.uk/, who did me a great deal on transferring my old tapes to DVD and a file format, (MP4) my TV could work with - they turned the whole lot around in about a week for me - might be worth looking into to see if they can help?

Quote Originally Posted by mhutchins View Post
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.]Hello, I was looking to do the same thing, I had about 50+ family home movies on video and camcorder tapes, DV etc. I found it became too time consuming, I found a company in Bristol [/COLOR]http://www.video-to-dvd.co.uk/, who did me a great deal on transferring my old tapes to DVD and a file format, (MP4) my TV could work with - they turned the whole lot around in about a week for me - might be worth looking into to see if they can help?
    Thanks for this. Just had a look at the site and it seems it may be the way to go especially as it's only one tape, the price looks very reasonable too. Thanks again.