Thread: TucStreet - TSM Spotlight

Default TucStreet - TSM Spotlight

TucStreet - TSM Spotlight with HmR and BreadManP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWnpoN3zpes

I just cut and shot this spotlight for Tucson Street Minds. Any suggestions for future hip hop spotlights?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    TucStreet - TSM Spotlight with HmR and BreadManP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWnpoN3zpes

I just cut and shot this spotlight for Tucson Street Minds. Any suggestions for future hip hop spotlights?
    I would clean up your green screen key or maybe consider filming at a physical location. Other than that and maybe trimming it a down a little, it's not bad. I'm actually going to be relocating to Tucson soon and will be looking for local filmmakers to collaborate with.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

3. Default

I watched the first minute maybe a little more and just couldn't get into it. I didn't like the two guys to start with. They didn't seem to take it seriously and if they can't take a SPOTLIGHT seriously, which is supposed to help get their work noticed, then why should I take them seriously? I lived in Tucson for four years and I've never heard of these guys at all. I agree with Michael as far as the background. It didn't seem right to the point I stopped watching it. I think for a video like this, maybe give a little more insight on their work before cutting to the two of them describing what they do and who they are, you know set the scene a little more before jumping right into it.

And for Michael I wouldn't recommend going out to Tucson and expecting much for the film industry. It's very slow and not a whole lot is going out there. As far as outside filming locations, it's a little dry, no pun intended. Good luck though, their schooling for film is great though if those are your intentions.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Limitles3 View Post
    I watched the first minute maybe a little more and just couldn't get into it. I didn't like the two guys to start with. They didn't seem to take it seriously and if they can't take a SPOTLIGHT seriously, which is supposed to help get their work noticed, then why should I take them seriously? I lived in Tucson for four years and I've never heard of these guys at all. I agree with Michael as far as the background. It didn't seem right to the point I stopped watching it. I think for a video like this, maybe give a little more insight on their work before cutting to the two of them describing what they do and who they are, you know set the scene a little more before jumping right into it.

And for Michael I wouldn't recommend going out to Tucson and expecting much for the film industry. It's very slow and not a whole lot is going out there. As far as outside filming locations, it's a little dry, no pun intended. Good luck though, their schooling for film is great though if those are your intentions.
    Aw, man. That's definitely disappointing to hear. I've been out there a few times and fell in love with how the city looked at night. Very cinematic, I thought. I was hoping there would be a pretty strong indie film community. At least better than Atlanta's.

5. Default

Wow you live in Atlanta right now? I just moved back from Tucson to Atlanta lol. From what I've seen Atlanta is surely picking up a lot compared to Tucson. Phoenix had some options, but again outside filming doesn't really leave much in my opinion. If you're creative enough I guess you could make it work. I wish you luck there though.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Limitles3 View Post
    Wow you live in Atlanta right now? I just moved back from Tucson to Atlanta lol. From what I've seen Atlanta is surely picking up a lot compared to Tucson. Phoenix had some options, but again outside filming doesn't really leave much in my opinion. If you're creative enough I guess you could make it work. I wish you luck there though.
    Man, that is weird lol. Yeah, I'm in (metro) Atlanta now, in Conyers. We should definitely link up on some projects!

Thank you. Tucson is a cool place.

Thanks for the look. I will definitely shoot next interview at a location away from green screen.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Thank you. Tucson is a cool place.
    Yeah, I definitely dug it out there. I always find killer deals on filmmaking books in Bookman's when I'm there too.

I am not your target audience at all but they hurt my brain. I think Iost IQ points from just watching them.