Thread: Inconsistent video frame rate.

Default Inconsistent video frame rate.

So a few days ago I received a guest student from France, and the school I'm studying in is organizing a whole bunch of activities which we have to film and make into a 5 minute movie. My French friend's tablet captures at a very inconsistent frame rate and when I load the video file in Sony Vegas Pro 13, the preview is extremely laggy and after rendering, the lag is still present. I think this has to do with the inconsistent frame rate, because I have captured some videos with my phone (Galaxy S3) which captures at a constant 30 fps and I have no trouble previewing them and rendering them. The videos on his tablet are very important, so I need them. Is there a way to stabilize the frame rate so I can use the material he captured? Thanks in advance

Blog Entries

I the tablet has genuinely captured the video at an inconsistent frame rate, how could any software or any human know what it is meant to be at any given time?
    I wonder if your assumption is accurate. Do the videos play back correctly on the tablet?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I the tablet has genuinely captured the video at an inconsistent frame rate, how could any software or any human know what it is meant to be at any given time?
    I wonder if your assumption is accurate. Do the videos play back correctly on the tablet?
    They playback fine on the tablet and on the PC itself, but I found a solution. I use Handbrake to ''reformat'' them while keeping them the same .mp4 format, I just select ''constant FPS'' under the video tab and then I select 25FPS, then I let it ''reformat'' and the video plays back correctly in Sony Vegas. Thanks for the response though, I really appreciate it

Blog Entries

great

Thanks for posting the solution that worked for you. Othere will, I'm sure , find it helpful.
    Tim