Thread: Anyone wanna teach me After effects 6.5?

Default Anyone wanna teach me After effects 6.5?

I know this might be a stupid question to ask, but I am trying to learn how to use after effects 6.5. I have sony vegas 6 and made a few vids with it but I found out that you can add some effects to them with this program. I am not looking for someone to teach me everything but If someone can show me some basic text animation It would be helpful. If interested plz post a reply or email me at burbon_st_23@yahoo.com. If anyones in houston you maybe I can call you and walk through the steps. If I can get a little bit of info I can learn alot more on my own. I learned everything I know about vegas 6 from just playing with it for a while. I am very new to this hobby and enjoy it alot so plz someone if possible help me out. Thank you
    Sony Vegas 6
    Fraps 3.6.2
    3DMAX7
    After Effects 6.5

just go to the library and see if you can find something about AE 6.5, i have a few books at my local library so im sure you could find something.
    Pentium 4 Cpu H/T 3.7GHz
    2x 1GB DDR2 533 RAM PC2 4200 Memory Upgrade Kit
    Internal WD SATA Caviar SE 250GB 7200RPM Hard Drive w/ external WD Extreme Lighted Series II Drive 320 GB Hard Drive
    HP 16x DVD(+/-)R/RW DL LightScribe drive
    Adobe Preimire pro 1.5.1,Encore dvd 1.5,Audition 1.5,After Effects pro 6.5.1,Photoshop CS2!!
    CANON GL2,CANON XL2,Sony HDV-FX1

Also, from time to time, you can find DVD-based training courses on eBay. I got one and it was pretty good - and not expensive.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

The Chris and Trish Meyer books are truly excellent resources.

thank you for the info. I am gonna start looking for books right now.
    Sony Vegas 6
    Fraps 3.6.2
    3DMAX7
    After Effects 6.5

lol...amazon cum in sumwear??

just search on the web at your local librarys website and search for adobe books,put a hold on them and go pick'em up, then enjoy!!!
    Pentium 4 Cpu H/T 3.7GHz
    Internal WD SATA Caviar SE 250GB 7200RPM Hard Drive w/ external WD Extreme Lighted Series II Drive 320 GB Hard Drive
    Adobe Preimire pro 1.5.1,Encore dvd 1.5,Audition 1.5,After Effects pro 6.5.1,Photoshop CS2!!

you can never entirely learn after fx - it would take years and decades to see all of its features. Also bevcause there are so many 3rd party plugins - well it gets even bigger. - Good luck though - the hardest bit is getting your head round keyframes.

i agree mark, AE is a very extensive program, for me the books are quite helpful,it has taught me a few things like taking 1 dimension pictures and turning them into a 3d motion effects,when i first opened AE i had no clue what to do and the books have deffinatly helped me alot, as far as purchasing books,i say jsut get them at a library,id rather save myself a few extra dollars for gas then get a book and memorize the book and have to deal with the extra clutter but if you want to buy a book then go for it.
    Pentium 4 Cpu H/T 3.7GHz