Thread: BMX Session 2015 - Glidecam edit 4K

Cool BMX Session 2015 - Glidecam edit 4K

Hi
    I've made a new Video about BMX
    It was filmed with the GH4.
    Lenses were the Panasonic 7-14mm(mostly used on the Glidecam) and the Panasonic 14-140mm.
    As told before i used a Glidecam to get some really nice and smooth shots
    Check it out and tell me how you like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC6M449BwkA

Greets, Roman.

Smooth and well edited. good choice of music. your lens needs cleaning

and what you need to do now is have a look around the forum and share some interest in other peoples videos my friend
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

Agree with enc.

As for the video I can't agree that it was well edited.
    Some aspects were good. I liked the timing and the choice of many of the shots. I also liked the slowing down for some of the stunts - not overdone. And a lovely ending. But as for sequences ...

You can either go for continuity or not, but this looks like you tried for continuity but missed..
    Example 0:18 rider approaches the rounded domey thing, cut to next shot and he's now approaching the square pyramiddy thing.
    Example 0:25 crossing the line (first shot rider is seen going left to right, next shot right to left)
    Example 0:35 rider is jumping onto the obstacle, you cut that perfectly into the next shot, timing wise, but he's landed in an obviously different part of the obastacle.And in the shot after that you show that rider seated on the bike whilst a different rider who gives the appearence of having done that stunt rides into frame)

Being picky, you need to work on your Glidecam technique or your balancing of it or something.
    Example 0:44 the camera is clearly on a tilt before leveling out at the end of the shot.
    0:50 is tilted.
    0:56 starts off tilted then levels out (which is why I suspect balance is not right)
    Tim

Hey @enc
    Thank you very much, yeah i'll check other videos out now Maybe i can help some beginners, as you always do perfectly

@TimStannard
    Thanks for taking the time and giving me a very extensively feedback You have a really good eye on balancing a Glidecam and taking shots to a high end level hahah I hope i'll get that right next time.
    And now i have to get an eye what other people share here in the forum

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Peherstorfer View Post
    Thanks for taking the time and giving me a very extensively feedback You have a really good eye on balancing a Glidecam and taking shots to a high end level hahah I hope i'll get that right next time.
    I've tried a glidecam. It's difficult. I certainly can't do it. But it's always easier from the comfort of an armchair to see areas that could be improved. My intention is purely to help you see those areas too. (And I accept you may disagree)
    Tim

I've tried a glidecam. It's difficult. I certainly can't do it. But it's always easier from the comfort of an armchair to see areas that could be improved. My intention is purely to help you see those areas too. (And I accept you may disagree)
    I'm always happy when i read feedback on my videos, especially when it is so well explained like yours
    And you are in all points right, which you gave me feedback in

Roman

Very cool video! I watched with my 14 year old daughter and we both enjoyed it a lot. The shots are so smooth it makes me really want to try a glide cam. I tried to focus on the continuity problems but I was enjoying the video too much.
    rock on!

I'm really happy reading such comments
    Thank you very much

Yeah Glidecam is awesome *-*

Roman