Thread: The Tour du Mont Blanc !

1. Default The Tour du Mont Blanc !

Hi, two weeks ago i finished my TMB trip and i highly recommend for you all to do it!

here is my video that can prove it.

any ideas about the editing ? i would love to hear some notes

Thanks

Nice variety of shots and good cutting pace but it only kept me interested until 1:30. Some narration would probably have hooked me for longer.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    Nice variety of shots and good cutting pace but it only kept me interested until 1:30. Some narration would probably have hooked me for longer.
    Technically speaking, the guys a) sticking their tongues out, b) showing us their bottoms and c) dry humping each other - all substitute for narration in the sense that they introduce us (very clearly) to the characters and their goals in life

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    I felt pretty much the same - except I would add "or narrative" after Ray's word "narration".
    The only real indication that we had that anything was progressing was the titles that told us Day One, Day Two etc..However, I'm sure it makes sense for teh guys that were there who actually experienced the differences in the places.

I'd also suggest that you keep motion tracking titles attached to things to which they are relevant - for example "Tour du Mont Blanc" tracked the mountain - that makes some sort of sence, you're labelling the mountaing.
    The other two tracked the walkers which did not. Unles the walkers names were 3 Countries and 170Km, which I suspect is not the case
    Tim

5. Default

Yes, i get what you say, i wanted to keep it not too long so i couldn't tell a real story.
    The purpose was just to show few shots from each day.

thanks.

Blog Entries

You've managed your objective but ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sterenson View Post
    i wanted to keep it not too long so i couldn't tell a real story.
    The most successful TV ads manage to tell a story in 15-30s, so don't say can't
    Tim

the editing technique is like an intro/opening sequence....i was waiting for the start proper ... i didn't get beyond 2 minutes... is it edited the same all the way through ?
    i found the music inappropriate for a hill walking video

there's some nice shots and well done for trying something different with the edit but it doesn't work for me... sorry.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Hi
    I think the intro was well done, i really like the music and the editing in the first few seconds
    But i think the video is a little bit to long, maybe for you guys which went on this trip, it's very interesting, but for people which don't know, mayber they're getting bored after 2-3min...
    But all in all it's a very nice video and we see that you must had an incredible trip

Roman

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Peherstorfer View Post
    Hi
    I think the intro was well done, i really like the music and the editing in the first few seconds
    But i think the video is a little bit to long, maybe for you guys which went on this trip, it's very interesting, but for people which don't know, mayber they're getting bored after 2-3min...
    But all in all it's a very nice video and we see that you must had an incredible trip

Roman
    Thanks! i agree that its a bit too long but we had 10 days of videos and we cut only half a minute from each day so we already cut a lot.

Thanks again