Thread: Any ways I can edit out sound effects from music?

Lightbulb Any ways I can edit out sound effects from music?

​Does anyone know how to edit out sound effects from music? I was just asking because there's a track/background music from an episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog that I want to use in one of my sims 2 youtube videos. I wanted to use the background music from here: https://youtu.be/aO7wapuwW6s?t=12m49s i tried editing out the sound effects with the vocal remover in audacity but it didn't work. Does anyone have any other ideas on how I can do this? Or does anyone know of someone who might be able to do it for me?

Blog Entries

You might get better (but not perfect) results with some sort of spectral tool like Isotope RX4. It's a brilliant bit of software, but you're really trying to remove one of the ingredients from a baked cake here so don't expect miracles.
    Tim

long shot but, have you tried running it past shazam (or such like) it just might be an original piece of music they have used
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    You might get better (but not perfect) results with some sort of spectral tool like Isotope RX4. It's a brilliant bit of software, but you're really trying to remove one of the ingredients from a baked cake here so don't expect miracles.
    I see what you mean by the baked-cake saying :( It's ok if it's not perfect. I just want to hope for the sound effects in it to be as least noticeable as possible. Is Isotop RX4 for free? Is there a trial version that would be good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    long shot but, have you tried running it past shazam (or such like) it just might be an original piece of music they have used
    it is an original piece. the cartoon it's self was from year 2001. Although, I did try getting in touch with the music composer who made it, but I haven't heard back from him yet.