Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strings

1. Default Strings

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. I'm sort of an amateur editor. I've done stuff in the past with WMM and aced a class with FCPro X, but this is my first time using Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Bought some footage to edit and was hoping to get some views and criticism on what you guys think I could have done a little better as far as transitions or musically. Here it is: Strings
    Hope to hear from you and see you around the forums!

Visually it looks good. I think you need to re-examine the audio FX. Watch some fights from Hollywood movies and pay close attention to the sounds. Then compare them with what you have. The right Foley can make a scene so much better. Layering sound is often a missed trick when adding Foley or sound FX.
    An example, look at the short section of the gladiator in this link. Every sound was put on in post. Whooshes, clangs, thuds, Crowd etc. all layered to create a realistic gladiatorial arena sound scape.

3. Default

Thanks for the advice. It was a little lackluster on sound I will admit. I was looking around for a good site that would have available all of those sounds your referring to, but I haven't found anything worthy I think to really brighten up the fight scene. Do you know of a good source that I could maybe find some of those good sound effects without having to create my own lol?

Blog Entries

I'm not sure I can post anything helpful. It appeared edited together OK but I thought the fight scene was far too long. In commercial films lengthy fights scenes either continually introduce new people or new locations. I wasn't entirely happy with the sweeter music choices which accompanied the slo mo (though I'm at a loss as to what else you might have done) and I did not like the fact that this continued when we went back to real time - to my mind the audio should also reflect the change back to real time.

It's very difficult to comment further as we do not know what emotions/reactions you were trying to provoke in the viewer, this appearing to be a section from a much longer piece. We don't know who to root for or empathise with.
    Tim

5. Default

Needs dialogue

6. Default

Thanks for the feedback guys. Tim Stannard I was a little uneasy about the easier music as well, but any of the upbeat fighting music that I found just didn't seem to fit because it was TOO much, but maybe I should try to replace it with something along those lines and see how they turn out. I wish there was more footage to introduce the characters, but the footage that I was given for this, that was technically it. There was no backstory just the fight scene and the little introduction in the beginning of the villain holding the girl hostage. There was also no dialogue at all with it, but I guess that's what you get when you spend 20 bucks on footage, best I could work with.

Blog Entries

A difficult task indeed. All you could really hope for is that the edits make sense, which they do.
    Tim

8. Default

I agree with everyone else, regarding the music and sound fx. It's edited well and visually it looks great, although I do think the color grading is a little strong. I think syncing up the ebbs and flows of the fight with the music a little more tightly might help.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

9. Default

Thanks for your replies guys. Michael Redden what do you mean with the color grading?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Limitles3 View Post
    Thanks for your replies guys. Michael Redden what do you mean with the color grading?
    Color grading is always subjective so the look may just be your personal aesthetic but I personally felt that the blacks were a little crushed.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast