Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: An enquiry

  1. #1

    Default An enquiry

    I'm working on a personal project and I have seen this particular effect used in a short video that I would like to use in my project.

    I cannot for the life of me figure out how this has been done. I have created something similar by staggering my layers although cannot replicate the effect. Can anyone link me to a tutorial or explain the effect in Layman's terms?

    Thanking you in advance!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries


    I believe this is using the "slit scan" effect. Google it, it's interesting. It was used to make the time portal sequence in 2001 A Space Odessy.

    Here's a link to a howto in After Effects.


  3. #3


    Thanks heaps! The effect looks like a lot of fun to experiment with, can't wait to get started!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts