Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Settings

1. Default Project Settings

Hello All,

When starting a new project I have the settings below available, could you tell me which is te best one to choose please? I live in England,

Thank you as always

Attached Images Attached Images

NTSC and PAL are mainly interesting for playback on televisions. It is really quite dated and you might be better off with some custom settings. It would help to know what you want to do with your video as well (specifically on which medium it will be used).
    I'm also curious to see what's behind the third option Panasonic 24P to be honest
    The cats are watching us...

3. Default

Thank you for this,

I am doing a slideshow with music background

Graeme

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I am doing a slideshow with music background
    Grapes asked what you intend to do with the video - specifically which medium. In other words what do you expect to play it on (DVD/BluRay via TV?, YouTube? Just a media player on a PC or on a TV/media player via a USB memory stick or hard drive?

I don't know about Premiere, but as far as Vegas is concerned, one tends to set the project settings to match the source footage rather than the desired result.

Welcome to the weird and wacky world of video formats. I can assure you this is only the tip of the iceberg.

I suggest you tell us what footage you have (and what settings you used to record it. The free "mediainfo" program can tell us a lot about this if you don't know.) and tell us also what you intend o play this on.
    Tim

5. Default

Thanks Tim,
    I have done a few of these slide shows before whereby I import still photos, add a bit of motion to them and have some music playing, I then export it to DVD, it usually goes OK except for a few bits and pieces and I think this is where it lies, with the setup, thanks south,
    Graeme

Blog Entries

If you're exporting to DVD in the UK then the settings highlighted in your original post (assuming it's a widescreen presentation) are the best settings.
    Tim

7. Default

Which particular setting would be best Tim? I guess it will be one of the PAL ones?
    Graeme

8. Default

Tom, just realised there was a setting highlighted, can I ask one more question please? If I export at those settings, what would happen if I gave a DVD to someone to play that doesn't have widescreen?
    Thank you again

He/she will most likely see black bars in the top and bottom of the screen to adjust the aspect ratio to 4:3.
    The cats are watching us...

10. Default

Thank you,
    Would it be best to use this setting anyway? I guess most people have them nowadays,
    Graeme

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast