Thread: Problem with editing Phone Video

Default Problem with editing Phone Video

Hello!

I have a problem editing my videos which were shot with my smartphone (Android - LG G2).

I want to edit a few videos together that I took with my smartphone but I have two problems: The file format is MP4 and the frame rate is varied (VFM).

When I try to use different programs to convert the file to an AVI format, I get one of the two outcomes:
    1) The video is high quality - but there is a problem with the frame rate (the video has glitches).
    2) The video is low quality but is fine.

I would like to use my videos and keep the high quality, but I seem to have some difficulties...

Would love to use your help!
    Thanks

Why do you feel the need to convert the files before editing, Can you not edit .mp4 files with your editor ?

I'm not an adenoid user but on my iPhone there is an app called iMovie that edits the iPhone MP4 video perfectly right on the phone

throw your PC in the garbage

just go to the Google plunk store or whatever it's called and download the closest thing you can find to a movie editor - I realize that the anusoid people haven't really thought about this too much, but I'd say you probably have at least a 3% chance of finding something that can be used to perform rudimentary edits - that's really your best bet until you come over to the dark side (and I don't mean microshaft)

If you like to stick to your current editor you'll find that Handbrake (www.handbrake.fr) is one of the best converters around. Just convert your MP4 containers to WMV and you're good to go.

If you feel adventurous and believe you might want to use your editing skills to create a master piece you might want to switch over to a professional program. If it has to be free one of your best bets is BlackMagic's DaVinci Resolve 12 (https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/nl/...davinciresolve). There's likely a slight learning curve there but it's one of the programs that is widely used in the film industry.
    The cats are watching us...

One thing I'd try is to upload the raw video to YouTube then download it back from them - they may just fix it automatically

On that topic, doesn't YouTube have an (albeit basic) online video edit function.
    The cats are watching us...

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    On that topic, doesn't YouTube have an (albeit basic) online video edit function.
    yes - you can do some uploading and some basic editing - since they allow you to re-download your own videos in MP4 format, and since YouTube is in bed with the adenoid phone people, it should be possible to upload the video, poke at it a bit (if desired) and download it back to yourself