Thread: Chroma Key / Blue-Green Screen in Adobe Premiere

Default Chroma Key / Blue-Green Screen in Adobe Premiere

ive read almost every guide possible.. but i cannot get the transparency chroma keyer in premiere... can someone inform me on how to overlay a greenscreened or bluescreened video track over another video track in premiere

Hi,

Take it its Premiere Pro your using.

Firstly take the clip that you want to be your background and place it on a video track on the timeline.

Now take the clip with the blue or green screen in it and place it on the track directly above the background track that you have just put in.

Now go to the video effects menu and find the folder called "KEYING". In there you will have a number of effects including a blue screen and a green screen key. Choose the one for the colour of scrren you have and drag it across to on top of the video with the screen in it.

Finally you can edit the effect (in the effect controls menu) to achieve the best possible key.

It is possible that there may be abit of noise around the edges but this depends on how good the lighting was when you shot the piece!

Hope this helps

Nick
    Full Specs: 3.2 Pentium 4 Processor, 1Gb RAM 80Gb Root Drive, 120Gb Video Drive + another 160Gb external, Adobe Premiere Pro, Pinnacle liquid edition pro, ati radion 256mb

Default klsdajf

Thanks for the info.. but i cannot seem to find the keying folder... probably because i have Adobe Premiere 6.5 .. srry i should have specified... is this possible by selecting Clip>Video Options>Transparency.. that is what i wsa working with before,, which i got it to the point where the blue was "keyed" out.. but it just wouldnt play over the footage...

Yep its done from transperancy in 6.5. You only get a very small preview to set up the effect if i remember and the whole effect wont play on the timeline until its rendered. (unless you have a powerful matrox card)

Just make sure that the clip with the screen is on top. Also there are 3 little buttons under the tiny preview window in the transperency settings. (these show you the mask of the effect etc) Its possible that the wrong one is pressed in which case the effect wouldnt work. Try pressing the other 2 and see if that works.

Nick
    Full Specs: 3.2 Pentium 4 Processor, 1Gb RAM 80Gb Root Drive, 120Gb Video Drive + another 160Gb external, Adobe Premiere Pro, Pinnacle liquid edition pro, ati radion 256mb

Default fgdf

thanks for all the help.. rendered the file and it worked great... thanks again