Forum Members:
A few months ago, I stumbled upon the fact that Black Magic Design had released a FREE version of the Fusion node-based VFX software. It is now my preferred VFX editing and creation tool. The Fusion 8 Beta Version has just be released and can be downloaded from this link at the bottom of the page: Fusion VFX Versions.

A few days ago, I learned that BMD has now released a FREE version of Divinci Resolve, a powerful tool for color correction. In addition to Color Correction, the product also has a Video Editing system. To be honest, I have not had too much free time on my hands to put this program through its paces, but all indications are that it may be better than my old friend, Sony Vegas. I'll provide additional feedback as I learn the system. In the meantime, here is the URL to Black Magic Design's Download page for Divinci Resolve. At the very bottom of the webpage look for the FREE Version 12, which works on individual terminals.

I'm not a professional filmmaker, but I can appreciate now having the access to these great legacy software systems, earlier versions of which have been industry standards in many Hollywood movie studios.
Have fun, and share your feedback here in this thread.