Thread: Editing

Default Editing

This is my first post , I am shooting video with a canon DSLR 60D and have some pretty good quality .. I load it into iphoto and it even looks good even on big HDTV but when I load it into imovie the quality drops down quite a bit .. My aim is to end up on DVD . Any help will be welcomed ...

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Dunno about iMovie, but previewing whilst editing does not necessarily give the same quality as the final image. Try rendering (eg creating a DVD) and see what the quality is like there. I suspect you're worrying unduly.
    (BTW DVD quality is what most people are happy with on TVs, but remember that isn't even HD quality)

If it is the final video exported from iMovie that doesn't look good, the problem may be related to bitrate

Although the 60D uses a variable bitrate, I think it could give you around 45 Mbps while iMovie on iOS exports at around 20 - I'm guessing that the iMovie export would be less than half the size of the original (try just re-exporting a raw clip from iMovie to see if this is the case) - if this is iMovie on Mac, you may have some quality settings to play with