Thread: Pinnacle Studio 14 problem with flickering green preview screen

Unhappy Pinnacle Studio 14 problem with flickering green preview screen

Hello, I am about to trash Pinnacle Studio because every time I give it another shot I'm disappointed with bugs, crashes, deletions of my entire projects.... etc. Now that Pinnacle no longer offers tech support I am desperate for an alternate solution to finish my wedding video which, unfortunately, I started in Pinnacle 14. Basically when I started the AVI's all worked. Then one day I opened the project and SUDDENLY they didn't! They all showed up as a question mark in my timeline (but not because of rendering, the project was done rendering but the question marks remained). I tried reconverting all of the avi's to a different format and deleted the auxilary files so that pinnacle could RE-fetch them from that same folder. Luckily I am now able to see the video but the preview screen flickers GREEN at every transition (I tried putting one clip in an empty project too, it still flickers green at the beginning and end). I am at a loss as to why this could be happening and my tech nerd husband can't figure it out either. I am new to this forum and I hope there is someone out there that can shed light on this before I have to trash the entire video. Thank you in advance!

Hi, I am having the green transition problem to. Did anyone come up with an answer. I did successful generate an MPG4 file but can't see how to convert this to a DVD. Cheers, P