Thread: LATE - Short Comedy Clip (1 minute)

1. Lightbulb LATE - Short Comedy Clip (1 minute)

Hey everyone! I would like to share with you a 1 minute comedy clip directed, shot and edited by me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJTxpG1TUQU

This project as little as it is means a lot to me. This forum's advice really helped on making this little clip happen, so I just wanted to thank everyone for that. So please take the time to watch them and let me know your honest opinion. Every short review means the world!

Thanks again FOR EVERYTHING!

Very good work but the colour grading is too cinematic in my eyes. You could have probably made it more grey back in the real world. I miss the record player scratching sound when the music ends. I mean when it's meant to be comedy you basically can't exaggerate on stereotypes

I dig it, very slick looking and well executed.
    rock on!

Blog Entries

I guess we can all identify with the message this film gives out. Again some great acting. Well shot and edited and I love what you did with the grading.
    Tim

Very nice, very cinematic ...though the fake DOF is a bit heavy handed for my liking... agree with XXL ray a "sound rush" of some description to bring him back to reality would have been a nice touch. nice work.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    I dig it, very slick looking and well executed.
    rock on!
    Thank you my friend!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    Very good work but the colour grading is too cinematic in my eyes. You could have probably made it more grey back in the real world. I miss the record player scratching sound when the music ends. I mean when it's meant to be comedy you basically can't exaggerate on stereotypes
    I get you, I was trying to go for that visual change between dream and reality with the fake DOF and vignette but I guess the color changing would've helped too. I thought about adding the scratch but I actually liked the jarring cut to straight silence a bit more, I guess that's just a matter of personal preference tho! Thanks for watching, really appreciate it !

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Very nice, very cinematic ...though the fake DOF is a bit heavy handed for my liking... agree with XXL ray a "sound rush" of some description to bring him back to reality would have been a nice touch. nice work.
    Thanks! I know what you mean about the fake DOF... it is really extreme, I wouldn't go that far normally but I was trying to get really over the top and ridiculous with this one! I guess It's a matter of preference just like the record scratch! Again, thanks for watching and commenting, I really appreciate it!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I guess we can all identify with the message this film gives out. Again some great acting. Well shot and edited and I love what you did with the grading.
    Thanks Tim! I'm glad you liked it in general, it's very different from what I usually do!
    I'm gonna release a new short film next week that is extremely different to both shorts I posted recently, I'm really excited to know what you're gonna think of that one!

I don't see the comedy. I 'get' the scene but its not strictly 'comedy' to me.
    I think I am frustrated because I checked out the other video you posted on a different thread which had a similar kind of confusion which was more apparent as most people commented that they didn't get the story line.
    Filming and edit wise, spot on.
    But without context, gravitas, story etc etc.. it can just all run the risk of becoming a little self indulgent.
    I think you need to work with a writer to develop further, I don't think you need any technical guidance.

Thats just me anyway :/