Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two very diiferent shorts (Thriller & Comedy)

1. Lightbulb VENOM - Short Thriller Clip

Hey everyone! I would like to share with you a 4 minute music thriller short clip:
    directed, shot and edited by me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq9cAW371KQ

this little project mean a lot to me. This forum's advice really helped on making this little clips happen, so I just wanted to thank everyone for that. So please take the time to watch it and let me know your honest opinion. Every review means the world!

Thanks again FOR EVERYTHING!

PD: the other short clip i was posting here is now this thread: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/threads...lip-(1-minute)
    Last edited by The Skylight Studios; 08-26-2015 at 03:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Hi Jorge,

Please remove one of the films and put it into a new thread of its own ("One film per thread" - see the sticky at the top of the forum.). Otherwise feedback can become confusing. Thanks.

(BTW I thought both were great, but that's not all you want to hear)
    Tim

3. Default

Hey Tim,
    Sorry I forgot, just did it, as always thank you very much for everything!

I didn't get it but the visuals were nice

Blog Entries

I've watched this several times. I also don't understand it, but I really think I must be missing something obvious.

Plot wise, she's seducing him. He sees something which scares him off. He tries to escape. He breaks out and runs off. She (supernaturally?) manages to get ahead of him and he cannot help but being seduced. Then we cut to ... what? He's (I assume it's him) happy with the whole situation. Why? What's happened? What have I missed?

I think the filming, lighting, editing and acting are all 99% of perfect here. You create a fantastic seductive and sinister atmosphere here. The only jarring moment for me was the cut to the lampshade at 2.20 where the colour balance seemed to change (I don't think it did, but that shot suddenly seemed a lot "whiter"). Otherwise, I can't' fault it for looks. I just wish i knew what I'd missed.

Great job.
    Tim

6. Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I've watched this several times. I also don't understand it, but I really think I must be missing something obvious.

Plot wise, she's seducing him. He sees something which scares him off. He tries to escape. He breaks out and runs off. She (supernaturally?) manages to get ahead of him and he cannot help but being seduced. Then we cut to ... what? He's (I assume it's him) happy with the whole situation. Why? What's happened? What have I missed?

I think the filming, lighting, editing and acting are all 99% of perfect here. You create a fantastic seductive and sinister atmosphere here. The only jarring moment for me was the cut to the lampshade at 2.20 where the colour balance seemed to change (I don't think it did, but that shot suddenly seemed a lot "whiter"). Otherwise, I can't' fault it for looks. I just wish i knew what I'd missed.

Great job.
    As always thank you very much Tim, I really appreciate your review About the plot, you pretty much got the film almost entirely right, the only thing is that in the last scene it wasn't the same guy, it was her next victim, and it was mirroring the opening scene.

I was not even aware that the actors looked alike! Maybe the darkness of the scene contributed (I think I had that same issue before in other film i made a couple of years ago) Now I'm definitely gonna keep that in mind for my next film! Thanks again my friend!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    I didn't get it but the visuals were nice
    Yeah... the whole thing was meant to be somehow ambiguous, but I think I might have gone a bit too far!
    I was mainly focusing on the visual athmosphere over the plot but still... I agree with you. Thanks for watching, i really appreciate it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Skylight Studios View Post
    I was not even aware that the actors looked alike! Maybe the darkness of the scene contributed (I think I had that same issue before in other film i made a couple of years ago) Now I'm definitely gonna keep that in mind for my next film! Thanks again my friend!
    LOL! Originally I thought they were different, but the fact that you only credited two actors made me think I'd got it wrong and it was the same character at a later time!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by The Skylight Studios View Post
    it wasn't the same guy
    Now it makes sense

Have no idea what I just watched. No clue. Had to read the explanation to work it out.

Keep hold of that actress, though. She has huge potential.
    "80% of success is turning up" - Woody Allen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast