Thread: Recording video sequences from Foxnews?

Default Recording video sequences from Foxnews?

Hey everybody,

I am currently doing a project for my media class about internet sites that stream videos, especially news (like for instance foxnews). I wanne include some of these vids into my power point presentation which requires that I have them saved somewhere on my computer... another prob is that I do not wanna show them completely. I just want to have sequences... but without pressing stop and play all the time during the presentation. So I want to include already cut video sequences and include them into the presentation without having to open foxnews.
    Therefore I am searching now for a software program that is able to record video sequences or cut videos then afterwards.
    There are sooo many out there that I am quite overburden at the moment. So I'd be happy to get some suggestions Thx

There are certain browser plugins to save videos from websites or you use screen recording software. Any video editing software should be able to perform the task you are aiming for including Windows Movie Maker.
    Note you are touching copyright here although if you are just showing it to your class i.e. for private use you should be relatively fine. Furthermore downloading videos from a website may already be a violation of the terms of use e.g. as for YouTube.

Do you want to be able to directly record only the desired video sequences or edit/cut video afterwards?

Ah...you mentioned that, sorry...
    Either way...you can check out Audials Moviebox. It's not specially a foxnews recorder, it will record from other websites also so you can use it to record video streams in general. You can also directly convert to a desired format to embed in your power point presentation.