Hello there!

I mainly edit and grade music videos, commercials and on some rare occasions a few short films.

For a while I've been thinking about getting some more gear for my editing workstation. At the moment, it's very basic and I've invested in a good computer, a color correction monitor, broadcast monitor and a few external hard drives. In a couple of projects, I've experienced crashes on my HDDs, slow workflow and minor distance problems. I thought I'd get some input from experienced editors.

First of all, I've been looking at getting a RAID setup. This is the one I'm thinking of buying https://www.dustinhome.no/product/50...x-ib-rd3640su3. What I noticed is that it doesn't have a FireWire output, but it does have a USB 3.0. My question is if it's possible to run four HDDs through the RAID box and to my computer through one outlet. To me, inexperienced as I am, it sounds like it might just burn the USB 3.0 input in my computer. I also do not have any FireWire inputs on my computer, but there is a version of the same RAID that allows you to connect through FireWire, which sounds a little more stable to me, and I was thinking that I can just buy a FireWire port and I install it, but I'm not sure if my motherboard supports it. This is my motherboard https://www.inet.se/files/pdf/1902437_0.pdf.
However, if the USB 3.0 connection is good and stable, I'll go with that.

Second, I've seen many people recommend getting a Matrox Mx02 Mini. I've failed to see the point of it. When I was still in school, I had access to workstations with pretty much everything I have now, only it also the Matrox Mx02 Mini, and to me, there is no difference in my workflow now. This might sound really stupid, but I don't really see the point of getting one. It's been a while since I produced something for TV broadcast, is that where the Matrox comes in handy? As you can tell I'm clueless.

Another problem I've had is transfering material. I live in Norway, and when the client is close to me, it has never been a problem. They either send me HDDs or I go get them with footage on it, and I just set it up at home. However, I've been working with a few american clients and that's when I've had problems. If you're lucky, it takes around two weeks to ship something from USA to Norway, and more often than not, it's too late for the HDD to arrive. I've tried using DropBox and similar software, but for transfering large quantities of HD footage, they just don't cut it. Sometimes I've received around 500-700 GB of footage and that can take WEEKS to transfer over DropBox. I've also used FTPs, but I'm still experiencing the same problems. Is there any other way that is more effective that I can use?

I'd be very happy if someone could give me some advice.

Thank you in advance!