Thread: Is it possible to add a mole (beauty spot) to a person's face through video editing?

Default Is it possible to add a mole (beauty spot) to a person's face through video editing?

Hello everybody!
    I would like to know if it is possible to slightly change the appearance of a person by adding moles or dots and, if a face in a video was changed like that, how could somebody find it out? I will be really grateful. thanks

You can do so by an overlay combined with object tracking. There are complicated forensic methods that can analyze a video or image to give a hint whether it may have been digitally modified.

I would like to know more about this. What application would be best? I will be doing some long overdue (you know how it is!) cutting later tonight and would be interested in giving this a go. I am a bit of a newb so not sure if this is something I should even begin to attempt?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Packman View Post
    I would like to know more about this. What application would be best? I will be doing some long overdue (you know how it is!) cutting later tonight and would be interested in giving this a go. I am a bit of a newb so not sure if this is something I should even begin to attempt?
    This is achievable with HitFilm Express which is free.As XXLRay says above, you will need to use motion tracking, so head for the tutorials about that. However, before you do that, watch the getting started vids. An hour or two learning the basis might seem to be cisting you time, but if you want to achieve this tonight, it's your best bet.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    This is achievable with HitFilm Express which is free.As XXLRay says above, you will need to use motion tracking, so head for the tutorials about that. However, before you do that, watch the getting started vids. An hour or two learning the basis might seem to be cisting you time, but if you want to achieve this tonight, it's your best bet.
    Thanks very much for your reply and for the excellent advice. I did as you said and achieved just the kind of look I was going for. And learnt a new skill!

Thanks again

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Packman View Post
    Thanks very much for your reply and for the excellent advice. I did as you said and achieved just the kind of look I was going for. And learnt a new skill!

Thanks again
    You're welcomne. And well done for managing to decipher my typos!
    Tim