Thread: I want to make a Music Video, help!!

Default I want to make a Music Video, help!!

Hello World!!

I have a friend that loves Classical music and he is a good singer, I will like to make a music video like we see on TV.

4 diferent locations 1 song.

How do you sinc the 4 films with the audio, I will make the final (master) movie out of parts of the 4 locations!!

Thanks in advance for any input.

Oscar Alvarez

Oscar,

This is a very exciting time for you, you have an idea, now that in itself is not that big of a deal, but if you can put legs under your idea and make it run, then you become a director, and you introduce a whole new chapter to your life.

Now with that being said, you must first ask yourself how serious are you about this idea, because if it is just something you "might do just once,"
    then you should try using "Windows Movie Maker," it should already be on your computer (Start\Programs\video\windows movie maker)

or you can spend some money on a software package, in whitch case I would view the reviews posted on this very forum

Troy

Oscar,

What you've mentioned is one of the easiest things to do with video editing. You simply lay down your "master" track and import the video with no sound, then play about with the video, shifting it back and forth on the video track until it appears synched. All you need to do then is choose on the timeline where you want each video to be cut and pasted into, and there you go.

As for getting started, do like Mr Walls said and experiment with windows movie maker (assuming you use a windows system) and then consider buying a package slightly higher up, such as Premiere Elements. Unless you do a lot of video editing, it probably isn't worth spending a lot of money on Premiere Pro or something like that.

Thanks a lot for your input, I am not a video designer, as they say over here in London, I am just a Bus Driver, anyhow; my friend is also a bus driver but he is originaly from Italy and he has done some theater work including musicals. Funny enough, some times he sings in our garage for himself but people (other drivers) just laugh. I know he has a good voice and I just want to give him a DVD with his work. Yes I am very serious about helping him out.

I have ideas (like a director) and he has the voice, with your help I want to make or start with just one song and then, when I have the hang of it I will try for a whole DVD with many songs.

I am on Win XP but I also "have" Premier Pro 1.5.

I allready have thought about 1 master audio in the form of a MP3 (as a master) plus 3 or 4 videos with the same track for sinc. I was wondering if Premier can "recognise" or align audio so every video falls into place or I am asking to much!!

Thanks again.

Oscar

You "have" premier pro 1.5? Meh.

You don't need all that, and you don't even need to *pay* for the pro version. Don't be a tight arse, put your hand in your pocket and pay 44 inc P&P for Premiere Elements from Amazon.

You'll probably find that most people on here won't want to help you if you've got a dodgy copy

Ok, sir, Elements but I have not used it and I dont know what it does.

Regards.

Premiere Elements is essentially a cut down version of Premiere Pro. It has a few less features, but by no means does that mean it's incapable. It will be more than capable of doing what it sounds like you need to do.

Thanks Thorpe, I have registered with Adobe and I am downloading right now Premiere Elements.

I will give it a try. 400MB file

Regards.