Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My latest MTB video (something a bit different)

Default My latest MTB video (something a bit different)

Hey guys!
    This is the latest video I have made.
    Any feedback would be much appreciated , Even if its bad!

Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited by waggggy; 07-02-2015 at 06:21 PM.

The video was fine

the cutting was good

the shots were good

the music was ok

it was a bit long

Thank you for some feedback

How would you suggest I could take it from being fine/good to being awesome?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by waggggy View Post
    Thank you for some feedback

How would you suggest I could take it from being fine/good to being awesome?
    Not sure I agree the shots were good. They were better than I would achieve, but I wouldn't be satisfied with the head being chopped off in many clips.
    It was all rather wide.
    It desperately needed some close-ups and especially some facial shots - get the human element in there. Maybe one or two really wide shots as well. We could do with a sense of where we are.
    Consider building in little stories - show a part of the track (one obstacle) - the challenge, show the rider studying it - the anticipation, show the rider riding it - the execution, show the rider's sense of achievement (or failure). Just a couple of times, we don't want to overdo it.Obviously this all has to be staged, but if you want "awesome, you're making a film, not recording a ride.

Depending on how much you are prepared to risk your equipment, shots where a bike approaches the camera and then leaps over it are always good eye candy.

Just kicking around ideas really.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Not sure I agree the shots were good. They were better than I would achieve, but I wouldn't be satisfied with the head being chopped off in many clips.
    It was all rather wide.
    It desperately needed some close-ups and especially some facial shots - get the human element in there. Maybe one or two really wide shots as well. We could do with a sense of where we are.
    Consider building in little stories - show a part of the track (one obstacle) - the challenge, show the rider studying it - the anticipation, show the rider riding it - the execution, show the rider's sense of achievement (or failure). Just a couple of times, we don't want to overdo it.Obviously this all has to be staged, but if you want "awesome, you're making a film, not recording a ride.

Depending on how much you are prepared to risk your equipment, shots where a bike approaches the camera and then leaps over it are always good eye candy.

hmmm

Tim is correct - if you want to make it awesome then you need the human element

if you watch this video you will see how you can make yours awesome

i should try to add a human element in my next series - just as an experiment - then we'll see for sure
    Last edited by zamiotana; 07-06-2015 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by waggggy View Post
    Hey guys!
    This is the latest video I have made.
    Any feedback would be much appreciated , Even if its bad!

Hope you enjoy it!

so wheres the mountain bike
    Last edited by enc; 07-07-2015 at 07:13 PM.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It was all rather wide.

Thank you! I see what you mean and agree with you. Just hadn't thought about it until it was mentioned . I should be making short bmx edit/film over the next week or so, so will keep this in mind and hopefully create something amazing. If you can think of anything else please don't hesitate to let me know

The jumping over shot is why GoPros were invented haha

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    hmmm

Tim is correct - if you want to make it awesome then you need the human element

if you watch this video you will see how you can make yours awesome

i should try to add a human element in my next series - just as an experiment - then we'll see for sure

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    so wheres the mountain bike
    HAHA!! It's not technically a mountain bike, but it is a mountain bike track

I loved watching this, great lead in to when the gate opens and you see the bike. I didn't notice any of the issues but I'm a bit unobservant, so head the advice & post another, that was fun.
    Rock On!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast