Thread: Finding that perfect soundtrack

Default Finding that perfect soundtrack

Hey guys,

Its taken me a while to realise how vital the soundtrack is to making a successful video.

I work in sport and constantly need tracks to include in product videos etc.

Most of what I'm looking for needs to have a fast beat but isnt overpowering. Any tracks spring to mind. I could really do with someone who is more expert at music than me's opinion!

When we're searching for the right music it can take an entire day scouring the online libraries (a - find the music, b - make sure it's within budget) and of course clients don't understand this is time they should be paying for!

Honestly, finding the right (royalty free) music can be hard for all of us. It's a case of scanning the libraries with the right keywords and just listening to them. You'll know when you find the right one, just hope it's tens rather than hundreds of dollars!

Blog Entries

Most stock music sites let you register and create playlists or favourites. I've created playlists with a few sites with music that fits certain genres. This way, when I start a new video I've already narrowed the selection down. When I have a few spare minutes, I review new music added to the sites.

Don't forget that that Eric Matyas guy keeps posting his movie music links and it's actually pretty good - maybe start there

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    Don't forget that that Eric Matyas guy keeps posting his movie music links and it's actually pretty good - maybe start there
    yes.

and kevin mcleod

http://incompetech.com/music/
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933