Thread: Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 - How do rotate a video or image media event

1. Default Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 - How do rotate a video or image media event

Hello, new forum member here.

Im using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13.

I'm creating a intro clip for my youtube videos, and I can't seem to find a way to put a 3d rotation effect (around the Y axis) on image or video media event.

The idea is to have a couple very short video clips, resized quite small that pan across the intro video (I can do the panning ok using keyframe), but 3d rotate around the Y axis.. i.e. like a weather cockerel in the wind.
    I've tried using the pan/crop keyframe feature to invert the video, but this does not get the right results.

Is anyone able to help ?

Thanks,

MR

www.youtube.com/mistyricardo

Blog Entries

I don't think you can. The way i would do it is to use 3D track motion, but that is a feature in Vegas Pro only.
    You can make an aproximation with Pan and Crop (turn off "maintain aspect ratio" and "Lock aspect ratio" and pull he sides of the "F" area away from the centre but that'll only get you part of the way there.
    You could attempt to simulate it simulation by animating the Deform effect (possibly with some Pan and Crop), but I think it might be tricky.
    Tim

3. Default

Thanks for the detailed reply Tim. Sadly I'm resigned to either. Upgrading or using another effect.... Plenty to choose from though. MR.