Wow, huge title. I had to format our hard drive recently and am still getting programs reinstalled. I recorded a test video of game play and recorded webcam stuff too. The softwares worked correctly (after one failed attempt) and I just did some quick editing. Ignoring the content of the video (I wasn't focused on that as much as making sure it worked, so the content is poor), I could use some advice on the editing part of it. The original recording was about fifteen minutes long and I cut a bunch of uninteresting crap out of it, making the final video under five minutes long. Things I would like you to focus on:
1. Intro. Is this transition from info screen to game play good?
2. Cutting/Splicing. I cut sections out of the video (duh) and slammed what was left together (with two exceptions). Did I execute this well, or should I choose a method that makes it a bit more obvious?
3. Webcam Location. This game has a lot going on on-screen and the viewer may wish to focus on any area of the screen at a given time (mirrors, road, navigation system). Did I choose a good location for the webcam, or am I drawing too much attention to it?
4. Webcam Size. Should I crop more webcam video out and make the area it resided in smaller? Is it too small?
5. Audio Levels. I had to turn webcam audio way down and game audio way up. The game audio is an issue within the game itself; there are actually mods to make the sounds louder. Should I turn the webcam recording level down? Also, did I get the two audio levels around where someone would want them to be?
6. Outro. I replayed part of the video at the end as an outro and put some empty space between it and the rest of the video. Should I do anything with how much space is between them? Should I put something there in the blank space?
7. Text. What should I do in terms of the text. It doesn't look too great to me, but I'm not sure on how I should improve it. More specifically, what fonts should I investigate and the sizes?
8. Anything Else. Can you think of or did you find anything else you can provide help with?