Thread: Place Markers at 1 second Intervals

Default Place Markers at 1 second Intervals

I'm trying to stitch together a quick test video and I need to make a countdown timer to display. I inserted a marker right where the timer should end. But now I need to make one text piece that says something like "Intensity In:" and below it will be the timer composed of five seconds. My thought is to use five text option in the "Media Generators" thing, one for each second. I want to use the markers to indicate where one text thing should end and where the next should begin. To do this, I need to make five more markers that are exactly one second apart on the timeline, but I need them all before the currently placed marker.

*Mid-post Edit*
    Perhaps what I want to do is move the cursor in one second intervals and use "M" to place the markers?

*EDIT*
    I solved this for now by dragging the cursor to the left. It appears that the huge numbers to the left of the timeline (above the track list) displays the cursors position on the timeline, so I just took one second from the current time and matched it up.
    Last edited by tridecagon; 05-27-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Blog Entries

That is exactly how to do it. The number at the bottom right are also useful, they show the start time, end time and duration of the currently selected event.
    An alternative - when you create your text media, you can set the length of it to exactly 1 second. Then copy it 4 times, changing the number.
    Tim