Thread: Cutting Sports Video

Default Cutting Sports Video

Hi All,

I have been tasked with cutting video for a sports team during a tournament. The video will be used to present to players etc.

I have previously used packages such as SportsCode which has a very time efficient way of flagging sectors of the video which I can return to and cut up.

The system is essentially, you assign a hotkey to a label, when watching the video if you press said hotkey twice it will flag the video between the two presses with your label. I can then return back and view all of the videos under a particular label and then cut them. This is particularly useful when looking to cut different moments (i.e. having multiple different labels).

Does anyone know of any cost effective software which can offer a similar service?

My only solution at the moment is a pad and pen, which I write down the different moments I am looking for, and as the video plays, I write down the times they happened.

Default Nacsport Video Analysis Software

Quote Originally Posted by vf.ollie View Post
    Hi All,

I have been tasked with cutting video for a sports team during a tournament. The video will be used to present to players etc.

I have previously used packages such as SportsCode which has a very time efficient way of flagging sectors of the video which I can return to and cut up.

The system is essentially, you assign a hotkey to a label, when watching the video if you press said hotkey twice it will flag the video between the two presses with your label. I can then return back and view all of the videos under a particular label and then cut them. This is particularly useful when looking to cut different moments (i.e. having multiple different labels).

Does anyone know of any cost effective software which can offer a similar service?

My only solution at the moment is a pad and pen, which I write down the different moments I am looking for, and as the video plays, I write down the times they happened.

Hi, my name is Josh Bryan and I am the Support Manager for AnalysisPro Ltd. We are a performance analysis consultancy with a wide range of video analysis products and services. If you take a look at this page on our website, you can see more about the Nacsport video analysis software we provide. http://www.analysispro.net/product/nacsport

This uses a similar timeline based process that you would be familiar with having used SportsCode. There are 5 different versions with the Basic version just costing 130. Please feel free to contact me for more information and demo software to use: josh.bryan@analysispro.net

Thanks,
    Josh

Hey, it's lucky you just happen to come along just at the right time with exactly the right product for the carefully asked question.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Hey, it's lucky you just happen to come along just at the right time with exactly the right product for the carefully asked question.
    Coincidence? At least "Josh" is being straight about it in declaring his interest. Better than "I've just come across this fantastic product...."
    Tim