Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dusted off the old go pro today

Default Dusted off the old go pro today

I think the video is still ok - the tiny lens flare is from a scratch on the lens

Thank God you landed safely. I like the PiP and the map you used. I also noticed the ambient sound as ok for a GoPro have you come up with your own solution for the wind noise ?

Thanks MB and yes I landed safely - I've been trying to revive the club in my home town so I don't have to drive 5 hours to fly - I hope I can succeed

I have the open-backed case on the gopro - it is the hero HD original - I haven't done anything to shield it - the wind noise should just be the steady airstream under the wing

Day 3 was blown out but I got some good video at the zoo

Last edited by zamiotana; 05-23-2015 at 06:29 PM.

I captured a short flight using a better camera angle - so you can see all aspects - takeoff, a bit of thermal lift off the highway, a bit of dynamic lift off the trees and landing.

With the area bei g so flat i was going to ask how you launch. The latest upload answers that
    All looks very relaxing !

Yes - people don't realize how relaxing hang gliding or paragliding can be - the wing moves slowly so once you get high enough it seems that you are suspended in the air

Our club uses static winch towing but the club next door uses an ultralight

I've been para sailing here over the beach and it was so peaceful. In fact I expected a bit of adrenaline & was a tad bit disappointed then but I think about that experience often. Really enjoyed watching your flights, crystal clear picture. I guess go pro is the way to go relatively cheap?
    Rock on!

Thanks - yes I think gopro is the way to go - I use the HD hero original with the LCD screen add-on and capture my footage at 1080p/30fps - I transfer the video to my iPad via the add-on SD card adapter and edit using iMovie - I may add another unit to the wing but it would also just be the low-end one (which they sell in the U.S. for $129 and in Canada for $169)

and here is the final segment ...

Last edited by zamiotana; 05-29-2015 at 01:33 PM.

Consider taping a piece of sponge over the mic as wind shield. Btw. if this lens flare is what a scratch does I am going to add some scratches to my lenses ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast