Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Footage 240 fps

Default iPhone Footage 240 fps

I recently got an iPhone 6 and wanted to try out the 240fps feature of the video camera. So tonight I shot some footage of my daughter playing with the dog in the garden. I find it seriously lacks clarity even though it is 720p footage. The auto iris is far to sensitive and don't even think of using the digital zoom.

What can I do to get better footage with it ?

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 05-22-2015 at 01:08 AM.

Blog Entries

I experimented with 120fps on my iPhone a while back. Two things became obvious: it looks best on really fast moving objects and you have to be close!

If you don't already have it ... Download the filmicpro app.
    It'll give you far greater control over the phones camera.
    Thing is it's very power hungry and kills the iPhone battery in no time.

Also be careful with the phone if you keep it in your back pocket.. A Work colleague, whilst leaning against a table managed to break his screen... Not covered by warranty.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

£5.99 is at the upper end of App prices is it really worth going for the pro version rather than the classic version at 0.79p. Am I just a tight bastard ? I've never paid for an app before.

Haven't a clue what the classic version includes!?
    If it includes exposure, focus and white balance lock ..go for it, the rest is just fluff really.

You really do need focus and exposure lock as iPhone drifts like a ship at sea.

Don't bother trying to use this forum with google chrome app either... They don't play nice :-/
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    £5.99 is at the upper end of App prices is it really worth going for the pro version rather than the classic version at 0.79p. Am I just a tight bastard ? I've never paid for an app before.
    ROTFLMAO! Talk about tight!

I know what you mean though. I look on the app store and unless it's something like FCPX I tend to shy away from purchases about £1 or so. Still, £5.99 won't break the bank Dave, it's less than a pack of 20

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I have it on my phone, but don't use it. I use my iPhone for filming when I don't have a camera. And when I don't have a camera, I've deliberately made a choice not to spend the whole time filming, and using an app that requires manual input goes against that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Don't bother trying to use this forum with google chrome app either... They don't play nice :-/
    Just tried it and can't even get beyond the tapatalk splash screen. Very annoying. Will look into.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Just tried it and can't even get beyond the tapatalk splash screen. Very annoying. Will look into.
    I don't use taptalk mark, much prefer the familiar look of the full site.

Not sure if it's an iPhone/pad issue or google chrome. Probably the latter. Wasn't always this way.

Edit: related to google chrome.. Same issue with safari.
    Last edited by enc; 05-22-2015 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    I have it on my phone, but don't use it. I use my iPhone for filming when I don't have a camera. And when I don't have a camera, I've deliberately made a choice not to spend the whole time filming, and using an app that requires manual input goes against that.
    With filmicpro the phone really does become quite a capable camera ...if only the battery life was better. Is there a stack on battery available for iPhone ? I have in the past gone out with the sole intention of making a film with just my iPhone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast