Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4K - Splashdiving Linz Glidecam - GH4

Talking 4K - Splashdiving Linz Glidecam - GH4

Hi people
    This is my first Blog here and i want to use this to introduce myself a little bit.
    I got into filmmaking by watching Videos on youtube and so on. After a while i really liked Devingraham aka Devinsupertramp. He is my big idol and i love the way of his videos,
    Then i always borrowed a Camera from school and tried to make my own videos hahah, they were terrible at the beginning.
    But i think, now im at a point where i can show them to other people. I bought my own Camera, the GH4 on the 10 December 2014. And from then i filmed non stop hahah.
    This is one of the latest videos i want to share with you and i hope i will get a lot of response and criticism so i know what i should make better next time.
    If you watch this Video you may notice there are a lot of equalities to Devinsupertramp videos hahah
    Nah just watch it and tell me what you think about it hahah
    But don't be to strictly cause i have my camera just a half year and yeah...i just enjoy filmmaking and i want to share it with you

By the way here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMyeVjD1idY

Last but not least i want to thank you for being in this very nice forum and i hope you understand what i've tried to write, because i'm from Austria and my english is not really the best hahah.

If you have questions for camera settings, which i've used or sth. like that, just ask

Blog Entries

Nice job. I liked the editing - key moments on beats and we could hear enough ambient (especially splashes) to keep us in the moment.
    The camera movement was good (far better than I could do) but concentrate on making it even smoother and scrap shots where people go unintentionally out of frame.
    Tim

Well done. You shot from many different angles which adds interest to the piece.

Have you thought about getting a water proof camera and jumping in the pool with it. You could then cut that shot with the external jumping off and landing shots. Also get people to do the same dive a number of times and move the camera around so you get say, a close up of the feet walking to the edge of the board, then cut to a wide shot for the start of the jump. Then a zoomed in with long lens for the twists and back to a wide shot for the entry. Just ideas for you to think about for your next video.

Keep enjoying it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Have you thought about getting a water proof camera and jumping in the pool with it.
    Erm 0:50? for example?
    Tim

Ha Ha. I missed the under water shot.

Jah Theres one underwater shot done with my GoPro @Midnight Blue , but you think i should geht More?
    Yeah i told Them to jump more offen to do the same jump, and there are also some scenes which are Filmed from different Angles by the way hahah And yah i just have the standard 14-140mm lens, i'll get and wide angle lens instead for that, would be nice nah?

No I was actually thinking the oposite, 14mm is wide enough. You need to mix the focal length of the shots, I like close details, close up of feet at the edge of the diving board that, the toes feeling the edge sort of thing.

Very well done. I think some ambient shots (like giving high five when getting out of the water) would have added to the video. Probably watch some videos of devinsupertramp on YouTube to get what I mean.

Yah i know
    He's the best

Blog Entries

It's a great basis for a great video. You have some really good shots, but they're not greater than the sum of the parts. To be great, you need to tell a story - put simply, have a beginning, middle and end.

A big part of this is getting the close ups as the others have said. This will give more of a wow factor to the tracking shots (it adds juxtaposition). You also have a few shots that look oddly framed, in particular those taken from the side of the pool.

Watch out for audio edits on cuts. Avoid jarring by adding an audio cross fade or overlapping and fading

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast