Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Light in the Dark

Default The Light in the Dark

A reflection of the light in the dark, either in the night or the mind brings a feeling of hope and joy of being alive. For what is the dark but just an absence of light. Bring the light forward and let us see once more. It's basically a mishmash of old footage set to a nice piece of music.

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 05-16-2015 at 11:36 AM.

Bloody lovely
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Biased because I did you a favour ? Thanks any way I'll take an ego boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Biased because I did you a favour ? Thanks any way I'll take an ego boost.
    Not biased at all !

some wonderful images, good editing and appropriate choice of music.

now get out there and get some New footage shot
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Ha Ha. I do have new footage but I can't really show most of it on here.

Blog Entries

A reflection of the light in the dark, either in the night or the mind brings a feeling of hope and joy of being alive. For what is the dark but just an absence of light. Bring the light forward and let us see once more.
    Growing a beard, are we?

I never revisit old footage. This has helped me understand why. I shoot rubbish footage. It servers a purpose and generally does that adequately, but it's certainly not art. This helped remind me just how good your photography is. And you've done a superb job editing this together. Of ciurse the music helped big time so a good choice (what is it? it's very simple, but very atmospheric and effective)

Shame about the cynical cuddly animal shot at the end.
    Tim

I would if I could grow one.

This started off as a show real but as I was looking for music to use I found this and just had to use it. It's from Danny Boyles "Sunshine". written by a guy called John Murphy . I just wanted to do something with it so I made this self indulgent piece, just for me to enjoy. I also hope other people like it of course.

Cheers guys.

Ha Ha. I do have new footage but I can't really show most of it on here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    I doubt it's what you're thinking, enc. More likely stuff about saving the planet involving dodgy activities
    Tim

Ha Ha. How did you guess Tim. Am I really that predictable.

I've actually been on a bit of a break from that sort of activity for a few months. I've been doing a few live events, plays, talks etc. Just to get some experience. One thing I've learnt is that my old Panasonic is ace for that sort of work. It's been a while since I've used it as I've been using the DSLR exclusively for about a year. I've fallen in love with it all over again. I forgot how good the codec is to edit with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast