Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need your Opinion and Advices

Default I need your Opinion and Advices

Hello guys,
    I am new in this forum so let me introduce myslef first :
    My name is Samir and I am 20 years old University Student in Morocco and study Physics. Beside of my studies I have some hobbies like : YoYoing , Volleyball, Basketball ,Cardistry ( card magic)....
    I started doing videos in 2009. I do yoyo Videos. I wasn't focused on "Videography" just from video contest to an other. Well, this changed. I want to start doing Professional Videos in future, and produced this Video :

So I have noticed that at the end of my video only 45% of my audience finished it.
    Here my question :
    Could you like to give me advices for my next video? What can I do better? And what did i wrong that not at least 60% finished it?

What I want : A good looking professional video that people would love

My devices :
    Camera ( don't laugh please :P ) : Sony Xperia Z3 ( I use a regular Camera Tripod
    Properties : 720p 30fps , at slowmotion 720p 120fps
    Video Editing Software : Sony Vegas Pro 10

I hope I can get some advices from you guys

Thanks alot

Samir

PS: If you like, Subscribe my channel

My advice would be to cut down the beginning intro section to about 10 seconds. Take a look at this guys channel for advice on filming of the actual YoYoing. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEY...YaTC8lv1iOaf4A

The section at the end had very poor audio, this is to be expected when you use the on camera mic.

Hope this helps.

Hi thanks alot for your advice. i asked some of my audience about the video. And some told me the intro is too long. So next time i will correct this mistake. Microphone problem should be fixed soon. What do you think about editing and the whole video? Anything else i can do better?
    About that guy. He is my friend i know him long ago i will ask more yoyo video producers in future too
    Last edited by samir; 05-16-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Blog Entries

Background distracting. You are in a black tee shirt which is good as it is plain and the Yo-Yo and string shows up well against it, but the background is bright and the viewer's eye is drawn towards that and away from the skills you are demonstrating.
    Tim

Thanks tim for advice. So should i use a more darker background ?

Thanks tim for advice. So should i use a darker background next time? Can you sugest me something

Blog Entries

Basically you are aiming for something that is less bright than your subject, less in focus than your subject, less busy than your subject and has less contrast than your subject.

Much of your background is not only bright, but has high contrast (lots of bright and dark spots)

A plain background will always help - but be careful, just shooting against a totally plain background can make the video too uninteresting.

It's similar to interviews in documentaries. Usually the subject in well lit and in focus, but the background, which may well have many identifiable items (eg books on shelves, trophies) but these are less brightly lit and out of focus, ensuring the viewer's eye is drawn towards the interviewee.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Basically you are aiming for something that is less bright than your subject, less in focus than your subject, less busy than your subject and has less contrast than your subject.

Much of your background is not only bright, but has high contrast (lots of bright and dark spots)

A plain background will always help - but be careful, just shooting against a totally plain background can make the video too uninteresting.

It's similar to interviews in documentaries. Usually the subject in well lit and in focus, but the background, which may well have many identifiable items (eg books on shelves, trophies) but these are less brightly lit and out of focus, ensuring the viewer's eye is drawn towards the interviewee.
    Hi Tim,
    Just to make sure I understood everything
    I should use next time a background which has less objects that attracts the viewers eyes,right? But can you giveme more examples of this ?

BIG THANKS FOR SUPPORT

Samir

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by samir View Post
    Hi Tim,
    Just to make sure I understood everything
    I should use next time a background which has less objects that attracts the viewers eyes,right?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by samir View Post
    But can you giveme more examples of this ?
    An extreme example would be to do this in front of (but as far away as possible from) a plain wall. This can be harsh.
    Better is in front of heavy plain curtains (such as you might see in a theatre)

But you could also do it in front of trees/bushes (so long as they don't have bright sunshine on them or a lot of movement) - get some distance between the subject and the background and focus on the subject so this will throw the background out of focus (and make it soft)

You could do the same with urban scenes.

There really is no limit. Just look through the viewfinder and if the thing that catches your eye is the yo yo or the person doing it, you're doing it right.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Yes

An extreme example would be to do this in front of (but as far away as possible from) a plain wall. This can be harsh.
    Better is in front of heavy plain curtains (such as you might see in a theatre)

But you could also do it in front of trees/bushes (so long as they don't have bright sunshine on them or a lot of movement) - get some distance between the subject and the background and focus on the subject so this will throw the background out of focus (and make it soft)

You could do the same with urban scenes.

There really is no limit. Just look through the viewfinder and if the thing that catches your eye is the yo yo or the person doing it, you're doing it right.
    now i undertand thanks alot for you advice . I wilk try to fix it the next time
    So here my resume of what i have collected :
    -Shorter intro max 15sec.
    -Backgrounds that dont attract the viewers eye
    -More angles
    -Smoother movements
    - At the end better audio quality

Thats what i have collected until now
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast