Thread: I want to rip a copy of an audio stream from an MKV and add it to an MP4.

Question I want to rip a copy of an audio stream from an MKV and add it to an MP4.

First off all, I'm new, so greetings all. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this or if I should go to an audio-focused board, but I figured either would have someone that knows how to do it. I actually tried to look for a subreddit at first but couldn't find one with much activity going for it. Appears to be a UK site, I'm Midwest American though.

Anyway, what I want to do is rip an audio stream from one video and add it to another.

This is because I've got a situation where (note - dealing with anime here) one set of videos (the MKVs) has an English dub but are painfully low in visual quality, while I also have a set of good 720p video quality (the MP4s), but is all in Japanese. I'd like to add the audio streams from the MKVs to the MP4s, if at all possible.

Any ideas? Looking it up seems to give me solutions from 2004 or something, so I just figure they're outdated methods. Plus they typically address only MKVs and not MP4s.

Please inform me of any software I will need. Assume I am completely new to the field. I've only used a limited amount of Cyberlink PowerDirector for limited editing purposes before, and no longer have that installed either. However, though I am not some veteran with video editing software, I'm nobody new to computers in general, so I figure I should be able to figure it out pretty quickly.

My specs are: Laptop, Windows 8.1, Intel i7 2920XM, NVIDIA 560M, 16GB @ 1600Mhz Memory, 256GB OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS SSD.

Oh, and the audio I want to rip appears to be AAC LC.

If relevant, I use Kawaii Codec Pack for playback with my fine-tweaked settings.

Thanks in advance!

- Alex
    Last edited by -Alex-; 05-02-2015 at 10:01 AM.