Thread: Export problem with Pinnacle Studio 17

Default Export problem with Pinnacle Studio 17

Hello,
    As said in the title, I have a huge export problem on Pinnacle Studio 17 Ultimate. I am trying to do a small movie, mixing scenes I shot myself using my cellphone (Nokia Lumia 930, which has a fairly good camera.... and I converted them to MPEG2 to use on software) and scenes I took from several movies, in a .avi format.
    When I was working on the editing, everything was fine.
    However, after the export on an avi format, I get a movie where there is no image of what I filmed, I only have the sound for those scenes, the image being replaced by a round grey arrow (the scenes from the movies are fine).

Here are the informations about my computer: Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5-43000 CPU, 4 GB ram, 64 bits, 120 Go

Anything I could do?

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by film1208; 04-29-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Oh dear this is a mystery. If you have the codec to edit the original files, then you render it out you should be able to see it BUT this does sound like a codec issue ie you don't have the right one for your video player to use.

The important information we need to know is what type of .avi did you "export" or render it out. Is it in normal DV or some other fancy format like an Apple Quicktime format ? What ever it is you need to make sure you have the codec on your computer for your video player to be able to see it.

Thanks for the answer! I rended it in DV However, I have maybe solved my problem. I noticed that when I split my clip in two parts in Pinnacle, and delete the first part, then the problem would occur. If I let the clip as such and then render, there would be no problem.
    So instead of converting my original clips from mp4 to Mpeg2, I converted them to .wmv. Now it seems the problem has gone. Mystery!