Thread: How can i do it ?

Default How can i do it ?

hello !

hope I'm on the right forum, please advice me if i'm not.

i want to have the same quality + look & feel of this background video :
    http://themes.cubalicious.net/morpheus/

how can i achieve the same quality ?

1/ can anyone determine the quality (SD ?, HD ?) of the footage ?
    2/ can anyone guess what plugins / filters ect' where used in the making ?

thanks for the help !!! can really help.

Zeev

This is the source video (in HD):

Don't assume that plug-ins or filters were used, this sort of thing can be done quite easily in colour grading using tools like Davinci Resolve, but also with care in other packages like Sony Vegas, Premiere Pro, FCPX etc.

Quote Originally Posted by David Partington View Post
    This is the source video (in HD):

Don't assume that plug-ins or filters were used, this sort of thing can be done quite easily in colour grading using tools like Davinci Resolve, but also with care in other packages like Sony Vegas, Premiere Pro, FCPX etc.

Thanks David for finding the original film film

As i'm only having (and working on) FCPX, where should I start ?
    Does HD footage is a required if I wanna get the exact look & feel ?

I'm asking because i'm partly intended to use image bank footage, and
    the differences in prices are huge.

what quality pack should I choose ? will SD quality will make the job or should I stick to HD
    the final video will see as a site background, if thats matter.

Thanks,
    Zeev
    Last edited by mrsinger; 04-28-2015 at 04:05 PM.

You should start with HD material unless you know it's only ever going to be used on a phone!

You can achieve this look in FCPX using the built in colour board, adding shape masks where needed. If you don't know how to do that there are lots of tutorials around, some free on YouTube.

Play with saturation and exposure levels within the shape masks as needed. Also, realise that using the shape masks combined with colour pickers (pick before you desaturate) you can effects different colours differently when converting to black and white.

If you really want to look at plugins then I recommend visiting http://www.fcp.co/forum/1-fcp-co-final-cut-pro-forum

However, my recommendation is that you download Davinci Resolve Lite (it's FREE), export from FCPX via Export --> XML, then import the XML in to Resolve and you have one of the most professional colour grading tools available. Resolve is used by Broadcast TV and Hollywood, so you can rely on it's pedigree.

Once you have your colour (B&W) done it Resolve you export it back to FCPX if you want to sync back up to your soundtrack. It's really not as hard as it sounds and there are plenty of (free) tutorials on YouTube.