Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Super Slow-Mo & Speeded up at the same time

  1. #1

    Default Super Slow-Mo & Speeded up at the same time

    How was it done ?

    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 04-23-2015 at 03:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,846
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Looks to me like time lapse.
    Whilst this required a very, very steady hand, the movement (of the hand) is not as smooth as I would expect from slowing down footage.

    [Edit] Hah! I hadn't realised it was made by you. I'm confident in my prediction.
    Tim

  3. #3

    Default

    Nope. Try again.

    Please bear in mind that my hands do shake at the best of times.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,846
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Please bear in mind that my hands do shake at the best of times.
    That gives me a problem. But I'm positive the hand is simply being moved very slowly and the whole thing sped up. The movement is just not smooth enough for it to have been slowed down.

    The clock face has not been superimposed onto the image because there is subtle shadow movement.
    Tim

  5. #5

    Default

    No, it hasn't been sped up.

  6. #6

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    TBut I'm positive the hand is simply being moved very slowly and the whole thing sped up. The movement is just not smooth enough for it to have been slowed down.
    nt.
    That's what I'm thinking.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

  7. #7

    Default

    The clock is not working correctly. Playback is all at the normal speed. When filming, the hand was deliberately moved slowly to accentuate the effect.

  8. #8

    Default

    Well done TimA. The clock is faulty and wizzes round like the clappers. I did actually slowdown the footage by 50% to get rid of the unnatural hand movement but it didn't quite work.

    Your prize is in the post Tim.

    The moral of the post is, do it in camera whenever you can and don't rely on "fixing it in post".

    Thank you for being there.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Well done TimA. The clock is faulty and wizzes round like the clappers. I did actually slowdown the footage by 50% to get rid of the unnatural hand movement but it didn't quite work.

    Your prize is in the post Tim.

    The moral of the post is, do it in camera whenever you can and don't rely on "fixing it in post".

    Thank you for being there.
    What did you do with the last few seconds of footage ??
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

  10. #10

    Default

    How do you mean ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Super slow rendering
    By cast-aside in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2012, 10:36 AM
  2. Super slow mo/black and white
    By A-doh-be in forum User Videos
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 08:26 AM
  3. Super Smooth Slow Mo?
    By Seán McT in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 05:08 PM
  4. slow motion in real time
    By Kriwix in forum User Videos
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 12:40 PM
  5. slow down time?
    By Jared867 in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 05:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •