Thread: Oooh A New Logo

Blog Entries

Default Oooh A New Logo

New Logo for the Forum.
    I like the fact it states in plain English what we're about.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It states in plain English what we're about.
    I'm no graphic designer, as you can tell! I'm sure I'll tweak it further, but the tagline will remain.

I've been looking at upgrading the forum software to the latest version. The next version of the current software looks like this: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/. I can't see that much difference, but it does look a bit more tidy and offers a few new features (in particuar the ability to "like" threads). I probably won't pay to get the site customised this time. Any thoughts?

Blog Entries

For some reason the link doesn't work, Marc. It takes me to .com (which led me to watch the video and scan the details for even any mention of "like") Typing in .com/forum/ took me to where I believe you intended.
    I'd love the facility to "like" but I couldn't see anything that would make me want you to spend anything on upgrading - whilst it's probably not going to break the bank, the upgrade cost is not cheap (especially as it's 80% of the full cost)
    Tim

It would only be worth paying to upgrade if the security was better than this current version. We have had a lot of robots and spam lately so if it helps prevent that then great. If not I don't see what's wrong with what we have now.

Blog Entries

The recent spate of spam all came from Russia. So I banned the whole country. That's now China and Russia banned.

In terms of security, the current version is reaching end of life, and will likely stop being supported within the next few years. The latest version also comes with standard spam management features that I rely on third party plugins to do.

On balance, I will wait. The impetus for change was really down to me having some time on my hands. I have instead put that to tidying up the forums a bit and giving them a cosmetic lift. I might even make some posts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    osmetic lift. I might even make some posts!!!
    i think we are long overdue a blog update from you marc !

:edit,

i struggled to find the blog section eventually coming across it hidden in the just for fun section ....however, clicking on it does nothing !! am i missing something ?
    Last edited by enc; 04-20-2015 at 06:10 PM.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    i struggled to find the blog section eventually coming across it hidden in the just for fun section?
    I seem to remember disabling the feature for some reason. I'll take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    I seem to remember disabling the feature for some reason. I'll take a look!
    Working now ... Thanks.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933