Thread: Cutting edges of the video

Default Cutting edges of the video

Hi there!
    I''ve downloaded some movie trailer from youtube, and there's empty black space above and below the video it self, so... I would like to know how to actually get rid of this black lines, but without cutting the edges of right and left.
    I don't mind to make the video something other than 1080(due the cutting of the unwanted space). I just wanna know how to make the cutting and save it with new updated resolution.

the video at youtube, if you wanna watch the black lines is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw61gCe2oqI

Thanks!

Ok, I've solved it by my self simply clickin' here and there.

BUT, I've got another problem atm: considering that rendering is a kinda heavy process, even for my high end computer, I'm trying to get some presets so it would be easier to me for makin' a videos day by day etc. so... one of the things is probably to get such things as intro for example, and add it to the new video, but without rendering. So it would take less time. But i don't rly know how to make this... I've just googled it, and the virtual dub seems like ok, but i'm not rly sure. any suggestions about this AND tips for that new videos would take less time to produce?

For reference the effect you're looking for is called letterbox in some NLEs. In others you can crop top and bottom (but not sides) during the export. For others you can create a custom timeline using the dimensions you want then drop the footage on there automatically cropping things, then export the timeline without encoding to 16x9.