Thread: Can this be done ın AE??

Default Can this be done ın AE??

OK, my friend who is an avid stargate fan has footage of himself walking infront of a bunch of trees and talking. He is then going to place in a stargate and a 3D Puddle created in 3DS Max to immitate the wormhole horison for the gate. He wants me to find out weather its possible with AE to place him infront of the 3D Gate and Puddle by rotoscoping him in. I apologise if this is a very vage description of what I am trying to find out. but I dont know all the details myself. If this can be done successfully or with another adobe programme, I would appriciate it if someone can help me out with a solution

Blog Entries

You can pretty much do anything with rotoscoping that you could do with blue screen.

rıght, so how would u go abouts adding in the footage of my friend walking and talking and place him infront of a CG model that has been added there, there is no bluescreen, any suggestions?

any help will be handy and welcomed

You could use the mask tool and mask him in but that would mean changing the shape of the mask every frame to match the movement of the person. lol could be very time consuming

you could use the motion campture tool with the mask to avoid frame by frame tedious thingying