Thread: Zey The Mouse Episode 2 'The Prize Hat' Animation Video Here

Default Zey The Mouse Episode 2 'The Prize Hat' Animation Video Here

Hi, All

I would like to share Zey's latest Episode!, i have worked really hard and tried my best, in a home setting, and have
    enjoyed making the epiosde, it has been more challenging than episode 1!!

Synopsis:

Zey and the gang go to school, Zey gets a sore head!! through Clara!! ummm. In art class, Mrs Frog breaks the news of a 'Fashion Show' at 'Chestnut Hall'.
    This is to make a Hat for the show, all schools in the area are making one!

Dylan is late skateboarding around, but causes some mishaps and mess, full of fun and nice music etc,

but will there be a hat made for the Fashion show?....

- The voice audio volume in the beginning was a bit low and the frogs' narration could have been a bit more engaging.
    - A ticking wall clock could have been nice as background during that scene.
    - There was generally an inconsistence in voice volume and sound effects
    - I liked the story

You've obviously worked very hard on this - the lighting and stop motion animation were very well done - and it had a good story

great job Ian

Hi, all

I tried my best, As XXLRay said the voices at the begining were a bit low,

But voices can vary in volume, depending on the situation, and character!!

when we where recording them
    they were all at the same level, but when putting them in windows movie maker they varied. when i showed my friend the film yesterday the volume was even lower????

It seems different computers laptops have different volume level at even 100% highest volume, i don't understand that. My computer the recording volume was higher!

I have worked very hard on this animation as i always do, it was challenging!!
    Last edited by ianharding; 04-11-2015 at 07:40 PM.

Ill start off by saying animation is not my thing... but, i can appreciate the time and effort you must put into these episodes.

i like that you have lots of angles for your scenes which puts a bit of "life" into them. sets are well composed and lighting is generally very good. but as others and yourself have commented the sound is all over !

imo, the low voices are OK its the loud voices that are too loud almost to the point of distortion ! also, your sound fx cut off usually with a click/ glitch at the end. im wondering if its the limitations of windows movie maker?

are you aware that Adobe have a completely free early version of Audition for download ? im aware that its a steep learning curve but it would take your productions too another level...

another audio editing program available for free is Audacity ...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Hey, Enc! Thanks for the advice!

I use Stop Motion Pro for the animation making part, then i put it into WMM and also the sounds etc as i already said! i have Audacity!!, maybe i need to look at Adobe!!

well, if you already have audacity i wouldnt bother with audition .... audacity is more than capable of recording, normalizing and generally cleaning your audio.

as an after thought, do you 'normalize' your audio before putting it onto WMM?
    Last edited by enc; 04-12-2015 at 05:46 PM.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933