Thread: Short video of London !

Default Short video of London !

Hello everybody ! I'm a french photographer.

I came here to introduce you one of my video (a really short video) made in London.

It was filmed with a Nikon D3100 and a GoPro hero 3 black edition.
    I tried to do my best with the edit and the color correction despite the bad weather.

Here is the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57CRXTfD1jE

I hope you will like it ! If you got some advice, i'm here for that ! I'm here because i wanna make better videos !

Sacha

Blog Entries

Well, we certainly knew where we were! I think 1:30 is teh perfect length for a montage such as this. There was perhaps a bit too much emphasis on Tower Bridge. I liked the shots of everyday people going about their business (towards the end of the train sequence). I didn't think the time lapse on the Thames added anything and I would have left out the early pasrt of teh shot of the flock of birds (out of focus). Thanks for posting.
    Tim

I enjoyed this ! Was it really 1.30 minutes ? Didn't seem that long (a good sign)Perfect opening shot I thought.Some of the footage could have benefit from stabilising imo. Also, are you aware the barrel distortion from the GoPro can be straightened in post production... Unless that's the look you wanted of course.

I think A video of this type' especially considering the dull weather would suit dramatic colour grading.
    But as I said nice work.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

a good video. I like it..

Blog Entries

It looked very rough around the edges.

For me:
    • London is an iconic city. It's a blend of old and new, and everywhere you turn there's striking architecture. It's also full of characters and tiny detail. It's so much more than Tower Bridge and seagulls! Where's the of suits, the high rise buildings, the narrow streets, the pubs, the markets? IN short, where's the character?
    • Some of what you have filmed is often poorly framed. A good example is the sequence from 33 to 55 seconds. The horizons tilted, there's a bits of foreground obscuring the view and it's all a bit wobbly. To be honest, it looks like you waved a go pro around and hoped for the best.
    • The timelapses are often too short to work effectively and most were very similar.
    • The music choice was a little odd. It worked in parts, but some of it just didn't fit the visuals.
    • It seemed obvious that you used two different cameras.

If the idea is to give a the feeling of a whistle stop tour of a city, then I guess it's along the right lines. But if that's the case, lose the seagulls and repetitive timelapses.

Thanks to all of you for your compliments ! I'm glad you liked my video ! It means a lot for me
    Thank you for your advices too, i'll try to use them for my next video !

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Also, are you aware the barrel distortion from the GoPro can be straightened in post production...
    I didn't knew that :o ! How do you do ?

Sacha

Quote Originally Posted by sachalsd View Post
    T

I didn't knew that :o ! How do you do ?

Sacha

in premiere i use

distort
    lens distortion
    curvature - 26

if you dont use premiere maybe your editing program has something similar ?
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Most of the shots were ok but a tripod would have helped. The editing was a bit too random for me. The over all piece didn't say London to me it just said Tower Bridge.

You're right ! I think i've made some progress since this video :p (in an other style) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5H7Ip_U-FA