Thread: Exploring Cliffs Video (I want your feedback!)

Default Exploring Cliffs Video (I want your feedback!)

Hey guys! I just finished a project I've been working on for a while. This is a lot different than the videos I have made in the past (mostly time-lapses) and I'd love to hear your feedback!

Blog Entries

Individually most of the clips looked beautiful and the opening 15 seconds was a great sequence. But after that there wasn't any cohesion between the various panoramas. And I'm sure they started to go on a loop after the first minute. You should tell a story, linking the scenes to create something more.

At points, the video seemed secondary to the trip, as if you let the camera roll whilst you walked around. As a viewer, you want to be immersed in the video, but I couldn't help but think, "this is a bloke walking around with a camera strapped to his head". It would be great if you had kept up the great shot selection from the first 15 seconds.

The music was the standard choice for this kind of video, but the visuals had no connection to the audio. Was that a phone ringing at 43 seconds??

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Agree entirely with what Marc says above. The only comment I'd add is I find shots of people standing on the edge of a precipice pointless. It doesn't really show the scenery off so I can only think it is someone trying to show off how brave they are. This is pointless because there is no reason for them to be in such a position so it's not brave, just stupid. The best that can happen is, well, nothing and the worst is death.

! agree with the others. I like that you had a go at an interesting camera movement at around 1:38 but by that time we'd seem most of your shots at least twice. Half the duration and it will improve the whole piece. If you think 1 minute isn't long enough then you have to get more and different footage to fill the piece.