Thread: Grid overlays?

Default Grid overlays?

Hey guys, I'm trying to put together a cover video of my band and I have a all the clips I need. Problem is, I need all these clips to be in the same video and certain ones turn on and off as appropriate.
    Here's an example of what I want to achieve:
    I'm not looking to purchase any new software just to finish this one video so I have Windows Movie Maker (as does everyone else in the world) and I read somewhere that MS Expression Encoder can do the overlays, but I can't get the videos to crop properly.
    Most of the videos were recorded in portrait orientation so less cropping would have to be done (that was the thought at the time at least)

Anything anyone can tell me to help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't think you'll be able to achieve what is essentially a 'multicam' edit using Movie Maker. In fact, that facility only usually comes with the more expensive versions of most commercial editing programs.

You can do it for free, using AVISynth scripts... but it's a bit of a steep learning curve (AVISynth is not very user friendly!)......

THIS simple 'multicam' keyboard video was made using AVISynth scripts, and even such a basic multicam edit can take a long time to do......especially as a first project.

I think you may need to consider spending either some money - or quite a lot of time - to achieve what you're after..

Alright, thanks. I guess I'll see what I can learn about AVISynth!