Thread: Rap Battle - 5IVEFOLD - Mr.Mumbles vs Satchell

1. Default Rap Battle - 5IVEFOLD - Mr.Mumbles vs Satchell

That's really a lot of logos in the beginning. Nearly a minute until the video begins ...
    Video is not too well lit, audio could be better (fan? noise) and the shots don't show interesting perspectives.

Blog Entries

Perhaps it's the done thing in these videos, but the overly long introduction and accompanying music was more suited to a feature length film. I was surprised that what followed was an MC contest. Why not go straight into the action?

The camera operators did a poor job. Out of focus, not anticipating people moving and everything shot at the same angle. There wasn't really much to move with in the edit.

I think you should keep the camera set up simple. One locked off wide angle, and one handheld. The handheld to get the close ups and particularly any reaction shots. Both MC were also rarely in the frame together.

I was under the impression focus drift was acceptable these day. Certainly see it lots with the DSLR crew.
    I can see what the film maker was going for here.. Get the camera in close amongst the MCs lots of cuts .. To give it a sense of "urgency" not quite there with this one imo. Agree with xxlray.. Is there really any need for all the logos at the beginning ? What are they promoting here ?
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933