Thread: Extending Music

Maryhill, Glasgow City, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Default Extending Music

Hi there, first post. I have a video im making for a private project, its just some music over videos.

Currently i'm using premier pro to edit the sequence, is there any software i can use to edit the music.

Basically i want to take some of the repeating patterns and double them, eg instead of 4 bars of music,
    i could clip those 4 bars and copy and paste them so the same 4 bars play for say 16 bars.

I know I can try do this manually, but is there any software that can help in the process?

Or any good advice if not?

Thanks Jimmy

PS. I also have Reason Essentials

I've always done it manually in Premiere Pro & FCPX.

If you haven't done so already, play the track in real time and add markers at the start of each bar of music. That gives you a starting point for cuts. Cut / Split / Copy your section, put it on the next track (not the same one) and then you can nudge it left and right as needed until it syncs. Never do straight cuts between the two tracks, always add at least a tiny cross fade to make it sound more natural. Do the same again for the next repeat and then at the end of that back to the original (now split and moved) track.

3. Default

If the music is loop based it should have absolutely consistent tempo. In Vegas I can make the grid match the tempo and use it to align my cuts and placement. I've gotten looped drum tracks made in Acid Pro that had the tempo listed in the track info so it was dead simple to set up. Does Premiere have anything like that in it?

Quote Originally Posted by David Partington View Post
    I've always done it manually in Premiere Pro & FCPX.

If you haven't done so already, play the track in real time and add markers at the start of each bar of music. That gives you a starting point for cuts. Cut / Split / Copy your section, put it on the next track (not the same one) and then you can nudge it left and right as needed until it syncs. Never do straight cuts between the two tracks, always add at least a tiny cross fade to make it sound more natural. Do the same again for the next repeat and then at the end of that back to the original (now split and moved) track.
    +1

this is the way i do it.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933