Thread: Synchronizing music clip trouble

Brussels, Belgium, Belgium

Question Synchronizing music clip trouble

Good morning all!
    I would be very grateful to anyone who could give me any advice on this issue I am having.

I shot a music video in a studio. It is a group that does impro-jazz, so basically they have a track, but they improvise quite a lot on the solos.I was in the room with them to shoot the video (total shot, faces, expressions, hands on instruments, etc..), and we could hear just the drum and not the instruments (linked directly with the sound engineer who was in another room).I have 4 shots of total group and 5 others on close ups during solos. I managed to synchronize one of those 5 shots with the actual final track (because it is actually the take they decided to keep for the final track). As we hear just drum, I guess I managed to synchronize it because of the length (the other shots have different lengths as they improvise and as they modified the length each time they played, like the shortened the intro, for example). Now....THE question: how do I hell synchronize the others? I tried with Plural Eyes, but no way. So I thought that there are just 2 possible ways:1) One of the member of the group help me recognize the solos on the instruments with the final track on the other 4 videos2) If I manage to have all the recording of all the other tracks, then I can first synchronize all the videos with the respective track and then all of them with the final track.

The big problem is that they didn't play one song like the other, like for a pop song but the song actually changes each time.Now, do you see any possible solution that I cannot see (I hope that I was somehow clear in my explanation)?

Thank you in advance for you precious help!

Brussels, Belgium, Belgium

ah, forgot...I am using Premiere Pro 5.5 (and Plural Eyes 2.0 plug-in)

Don't rely on pluraleyes, do it the old fashioned way and sync by hand. It really doesn't take that much time if you're only doing 4 or 5 tracks.

4. Default

You just have to cut the clips up and sync them in short sections to the the keeper take.