Thread: Sound Recorder Problem

Default Re: sound recorder

I am looking for some help with my sound recorder, I use a headset with a mic attached, I have tried it with another device and I know the mic and headset work just fine, however my sound recorder does not work on my win98, the headset works for the headphones but for some strange reason I am unable to use windows sound recorder to record any sound, or any sound that requires recording via a mic, I have run out of ideas, at first I thought it was because I had halted installation of Microsoft office's text to speech that comes with Microsoft word half way through the installation, or that I had installed total recorder, but after uninstalling all these programs I am still unable to use sound recorder, even uninstalling and reinstalling multi-media windows components in the control panel made no difference, the mic is not muted in sound properties, the line in is muted for playback, and the mic is the only selection for recording, loop works fine, so I am wondering exactly what the problem could be, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Edit by admin: Unrelated URLs removed. Duplicate post deleted. New Thread started.

dagaul, start your own threads, and enough with the multiple posts.

Admin edit: thread split on mrliprings request.
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

Default Sound Recorder not recording

Hi

I'm not a software expert but did the software throw up any error messages when you run it? Like .dll files or similar were missing or damaged? If it did then copy the error messages down and search for them on the net to see if it brings up anything. I would also seriously think about upgrading to WinXP if you want to do any serious audio or video work. Sound Recorder is not a suitable piece of software I would use.

Greenbag

Default Sound Recorder not recording

Hi

I'm not a software expert but did the software throw up any error messages when you run it? Like .dll files or similar were missing or damaged? If it did then copy the error messages down and search for them on the net to see if it brings up anything. I would also seriously think about upgrading to WinXP if you want to do any serious audio or video work. Sound Recorder is not a suitable piece of software I would use.